“Uni and Tommy!”

Taiko Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 89 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Tommy "of Ohio" and his cohorts know how to make sushi! Snow White roll is a fave but they also have a rice less roll that is to die for. We like sashimi, chirashi and all fish Taiko! Our friends with kids that visit like fried crab with cream cheese, etc. There is something for everyone but if you genuinely like sushi you will only receive the freshest uni, mackerel, tuna & salmon. We highly recommend their sushi and service.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am an enormous sushi nut. I'm absolutely obsessed with things being correct when it comes to sushi, and I can tell you that this restaurant fits the bill. The staff was attentive and enthusiastic, the food was gorgeous and fresh, and the chefs seemed absolutely immersed and engaged in their work. The prices are relatively high but they are 100% fair and worth it. I will be at this sushi bar every single summer I come to the Outer Banks.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I live in Manteo and go to Taiko probably once or twice a week. The food is great and definitely best sushi I ever had anywhere. The owner of the property is a very nice guy who cares about the quality of the food and makes sure every customer leaves happy. During the season, service might be a little slower but it’s normal for any other place on the beach. It does worth the wait though. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We love this place, the Sushi is awesome ! Its a mid-size place, good atmosphere and friendly staff. We live in Hampton Roads but frequently get down to Nags Head, and try to get by here once every trip. The spider roll and spicy tuna roll are our favorite, but we try to sample a new roll every time we go. They have cold beer and red wine, so we're really happy when we leave :-) Price is between $$ and $$$, gotta try this place when you're in Nags Head......!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I don't know why this restaurant isn't packed each time we are there. The food is great, not too pricey, and the wait staff are extremely attentive. Have been twice now, and will return next summer when we are in OBX.