“Impressive!”

$16.91*
Beach Cruiser Rental on the Outer Banks
Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Nags Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Two of the highest sand dunes on the East Coast are located here, providing excellent take-off points for hang gliders.
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i took our 5 year old daughter to Jockey Ridge and we weren't sure if she would enjoy or appreciate it like we would be I was very surprised! We walked the nature trail and even climbed the dunes and it was alot of work but worth it! The views were beautiful! We all enjoyed ourselves!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place offers great photo opportunities and a great view from the top of the dunes. When we went there was a kite flying event going on, which was neat. It was so fun to climb the dunes and the kids rolled down them. My only complaint was that there were not souvenirs and I like to collect.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Huge sand dune. A lot of work to climb to the top for me (I'm a grandmother), the kids were working hard also. So worth the effort. Very peaceful and awesome!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was looking forward to seeing Jockey's Ridge. After climbing the dunes, I expected something to see something scenic. It just looked like a desert in the Middle East. For me, disappointing.

1  Thank AllyBeeds
Reviewed May 5, 2013

State Park with nice interpretive center and really big dunes to climb around on. Lots of people fly kites on the dunes. Some take hang gliding lessons (offered by Kitty Hawk Kites across the street). Nice change of pace from a day at the beach.