“A must visit”

$50.73*
Beach Cruiser Weekly Bike Rental on the Outer Banks
Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Nags Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Two of the highest sand dunes on the East Coast are located here, providing excellent take-off points for hang gliders.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Jockey's Ridge is a must do while in the outer banks. It is a bit of walking, but great views and good free family fun. Bring a camera!

There are newer reviews for Jockey's Ridge State Park

Reviewed May 13, 2012

So beautiful and relaxing. Went hang gliding and the guys were professional, knowledgable, experienced and made the day incredible. Will definetly do it again

1  Thank patrick B
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This was somewhat of a surprise to me as I read the reviews and thought I might just run through and move on to another more exciting attraction, howeverJRSP was very nice. The dunes are large and noticable from the road. I also enjoyed watching the hang glider school. I managed to walk to the top dune for the view and it was impressive. I'd highly recommend JRSP.

2  Thank yarnel2001
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Took a hang gliding lesson with Kitty Hawk Kites. It was fun! We didn't get to do as much as they normally do because it was too windy. They said I could come back the next day for no charge, but I was leaving. So if you do this, pick a day early in your trip.

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed May 9, 2012

we loved it- beautiful with the dunes made by nature

1  Thank Bessie d