“GREAT Experience - Would Definitely Stay Here Again”
Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Dallas
“GREAT Experience - Would Definitely Stay Here Again”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We spent 5 nights at the Oasis Suites with our two small children (3 and 4) and had an excellent time. We wanted to stay in a nice ocean front rental, but price and availability took us to plan B and we chose the Oasis as an alternative. We were a tad leary upon arrival due to a couple of recent not so great reviews on TA. However, our experience was top notch and far exceeded our expectations. The establishment is a darling Outer Banks style boutique inn right on the sound in a great location for going north or south to other beach towns or west to Manteo

. We were greeted by an outstandingly warm and friendly woman at the front desk who told my husband all about the area and gave us a goody bag with snacks and brochures. (Every person we met thereafter at the front desk or in housekeeping was equally as wonderful.) Our room was awesome! It looked very new and clean, with stylish decor, great beds, an awesome jacuzzi style tub and separate shower, and Bath and Body Works products. The kitchen had stainless appliances and the sitting area had french doors opening out to the sound. A very peaceful and beautiful view. The beach is right across the highway and pizza or seafood delivery are right down the road if you want to eat in one night. We stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom, which worked great for putting the kids to bed early while we stayed up. We highly recommend this place! The only negative is that the inn is on the highway and we could hear a lot of road noise throughout the night when sleeping in the bed in the front room. I don't think this would be a problem if we were sleeping in the actual "master" bedroom where our kids were sleeping. Just keep this in mind if you are a light sleeper. But GO, GO, GO to the Oasis Suites!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank KAPDallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Minnesota
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I spent one night in Nags Head at Oasis Suites. We rented the honeymoon suite and it was really spendy. However, the room was amazing. The view from the deck was gorgeous. I wish we would have stayed longer in Nags Head. This room is more like a small apartment. Best hottub we had on our entire trip. Attention to detail was fabulous. I would definitely stay here again. There is one little thing. The staff are a bit odd. We gave an employee our postcards for our kids and saw him reading them before we left the lobby. The other thing about this place was a tip envelope for the staff in our room. I found that to be really odd after we paid $350 for one night. This is the only hotel in my life, so far, that they actually had a tip envelope in the room. Bright yellow too so you wouldn't miss it. Weird?

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VacationsRock16
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My experience at this hotel was one of disappointment from the moment we arrived. We'd booked a handicapped accessible suite because one member of our party uses a wheelchair. The reservation was made with the understanding that each suite had 2 beds that could easily accomodate 4 adults (2 couples). However, Oasis failed to tell us that not only does the handicap room not have 2 beds (1 Queen bed & a small pull-out couch, instead), but there's no door separating the bedroom from the rest of the suite! We ultimately opted to move to another suite, but because the only suite available was an upstairs suite, we had to pay $100/night extra. In addition, the room was not handicap accessible. We were in town with several colleagues & we became more frustrated after seeing their suites have King vs Queen beds & more space in the living area, yet they payed the exact same amount per night. At the very least this place ended up being very unaccommodating & extremely costly. Warning: please ask exactly which room has which features, because there is absolutely no consistency or fairness in the costs of these suites.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank DocHollywood05
Boone
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We came here for our honeymoon and had booked the honeymoon suite 8 months in advance but were directed to a room with two beds after being told they didn't run our credit card earlier as explicitly requested. So I asked to use the internet to check my bank statement and the attendant looked over my shoulder at my financial statement and even commented on the stores I have been to. When we asked about food the attendant said "I don't know, it's 9:30 probably nothing" and then we found a flyer for local pizza that was open under his nose. So after we got to the non honeymoon suite I pulled up the picture and showed the attendant only to be passified with a comment of "Oh that was booked" YEAH BY ME! When I asked for a refund I was received with a "You won't find a room anywhere else" but we did, oceanfront at the comfort inn for half the price and twice the brains.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
16 Thank disgruntal11
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2008

LOVE the outerbanks in the off season.... We lucked out with the weather....high 60s to high 70s is warm for the time of year.... A lot of restaurants are closed, but shops have great sales. Beaches and attractions are quiet and almost vacant.

Praise: Beautiful room - (honeymoon suite) - website pictures are very accurate....room was amazing. Fireplace, kitchen, dining area, nice size living room, GREAT bed/bedroom with chaise lounge, SPECTACULAR bathroom with heart shaped hot tub and separate shower....views in EVERY room.

Bird sactuary is nearby, so there are LOTS of birds flying around the sound and you can see them from the room.

Hotel is in a good location - in middle of outer banks, so it's great for day tripping to roanoke or ocracoke islands (south) as well as currituck (north)...

Beaches are a short drive away...

Criticism: dirty fork was found in the sink for our arrival....

No view of ocean but wonderful view of sound...
(Website states: "All of our suites overlook the Roanoke and Albemarle Sound as well as the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony" which made us expect to HEAR the ocean, but that was not possible, but you can hear CARS and traffic as the hotel is right on the main highway...)

There was also no way to open the windows....only the balcony door and it does not "stay" open... (We like to let the ocean air in...)

The balcony remained VERY wet (even though it only rained once in our 5 day stay)...

There is not a lot of "privacy" in this room for couples who desire this....but it's the honeymoon suite and I guess that's the point. :)

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank TrippinKitty
ThisisLizzz
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I found the Oasis Suites on an Outer Banks Accomodations web site. I've been coming to the OBX for fifteen years & had never heard of it. Upon arrival we found out that the hotel is NEW and has been in operation since June 2007.

The rooms are spectacular. The attention to detail is really, really lovely. The suite we got had 2 Queen Size Beds (each in a separate room) and a lovely leather seating area which also featured a pull out sofa bed. The seating area and the bedroom both had large flat screen, wall mounted televisions. The hotel has free WiFi access. We chose a soundfront room. EXCELLENT choice. Our 2nd floor room has a private balcony that is just lovely. This place is so serene and calming. The beds are uber comfortable. Fluffy high quality down comforters with soft & CLEAN duvet covers. Bathrooms feature a separate shower & a hot tub. The in room kitchenette was amazing. Top of the line stainless steel appliances, marble counter tops. The room is HUGE.

This was SUCH a big surprise. I will stay here again and again.
The hotel is beautiful. The features are perfect: pool, hot tub, direct water access, dock, Free WiFi, Workout Room...

I'm not 100% sure how many rooms there are- my guess is about 30. Very one on one feel. Staff is friendly, personable & full of knowledge. Bathroom products are Bath & Body Works brand. The towels are fluffy & absorbent.

This room could easily accomodate six people, without feeling like you were in a box. I can't say enough about what a find this was for me, or what a treasure it is in general. Really top of the line, unique, relaxing & CLEAN.

You will NOT be sorry if you stay here!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness & Quality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nags Head
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!