“I can't say enough good things about the Oasis Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Silver Spring, Maryland
“I can't say enough good things about the Oasis Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I (and our 8 and 10 year old daughters) spent a week at the Oasis Suites based on the strong recommendation of my neighbor and we had a great time. The property and the rooms were beautiful and tastefully decorated. The rooms (and the bathroom) were good sized and the kitchen had everything we needed. Our suite also backed up to the sound and had a great view. There is also free wi-fi which was strong enough that there was no delay in internet web pages loading.

The staff was fabulous. Peggy and Lorraine were always friendly and available with recommendations and really seemed to care about making sure that everyone enjoys their stay. The housekeepers were quick, thorough and one day early in our stay we came back to find our kids stuffed animals carefully tucked under the blankets with mints and a note from our housekeeper Nancy. The "animals" were taken care of through the rest of our stay. It was the little things like this that made our stay that much more enjoyable.

On the backside of the property there is a nice boardwalk with built-in benches on the sound where guests can fish and catch crabs. My daughters really wanted to hunt for crabs so Peggy brought us bait (chicken legs) and her granddaughter taught us how to "crab", which was a lot of fun.

We were also very happy with the location. There are a handful of restaurants within walking distance of the property, but most of the things that we wanted to do were within close driving distance. Jeanette's Pier and the main beaches were literally only a few minutes away by car.

The property is on a busy street, but we did not hear any traffic noise in our room. There are also a number of covered parking spaces, which came in handy when storms rolled through.

We are definitely planning to return to the Oasis Suites for another vacation.

Room Tip: Pick a suite that faces the sound.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BDG19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Outstanding accommodation - stunning views over the water - exceptionally well equipped suite - helpful, friendly staff - I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this part of the Outer Banks.

Room Tip: If possible get a water view with balcony!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah I
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have stayed at many places from hotels to homes over the years that we have vacationed in the OBX but have found the best place yet. The staff was very helpful in giving us tips on places to shop, eat, and to rent fishing equipment.

The room and hotel were as beautiful in person as they were online. Our room was wonderful and accommodated 5 of us very well. It offered most everything that we wanted and obviously had been well thought out with a lot of attention the detail. I would liked to have seen an absorbent rug inside of the door for the water dragged in from the pool/rainy conditions and our shoes since the floors are wooden and I spent time going around with a towel wiping up the floor. Also to keep the towels organized and able to use them more than once with 5 of us in the room maybe one long rack of hooks, a few towel holders, or a multi rack in the bathroom to accommodate a families fresh and wet towels would be helpful and cut down laundry for the hotel. There is a double rack and a couple of sets of hooks but not enough for all of our families towels. We were hanging them all over the room to dry after the pool and showers they got mixed up and we had to ask for clean ones causing more laundry for the staff. Those were the only two things that I found that I would have liked. I must follow that up by saying that they really haven't missed a beat on other details, most places have lots that they haven't thought of.

The housekeepers came in while I was cooking breakfast and tag teamed our room and were in and out very quickly leaving things nice and clean.

Amazing place to stay! You must check it out! We can't wait to go back. Judy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy S
Lexington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend on a last minute stay in the Outer Banks. It is located on a sound and has a very nice balcony view. It is a small hotel with, I believe 16 suites. It is on the pricey side, which is part of the reason we only stayed one night, but the room was immaculately clean and the amenities were above and beyond with 2 king beds, a full kitchen, a whirlpool tub, a great view with a private balcony, flat screen tvs, a small sitting area, and all hardwood floors. The beds were also very comfortable. I was definitely very sad that I only stayed here one night, and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Whitney M
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

On the causeway in Nags Head, this beautiful property has real elegance to it. We attended a small business meeting at the Oasis, enjoyed a tour of several rooms, and noted the beautiful sound view from the balconies of the property. The manager is a long time business colleague of ours, a cheerful, patient and dedicated professional who knows how to make people feel welcome and well-attended. For a special anniversary, a honeymoon, a celebration of a milestone event, the Oasis Suites would provide a memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My new husband and I spent 4 nights of our honeymoon at Oasis Suites. We booked 2 nights with the Groupon deal, but enjoyed our stay so much that we didn't want to leave and stayed the additional 2 nights. We loved it! The rooms were just as beautiful as they look on the website. Our package also included champagne (which was on ice when we arrived), roses, silk petals on the bed, and bath salts. It was a really nice extra touch. Both rooms we stayed in had great views. The sunset views over the water were beautiful in room 301, but I also enjoyed the view from the other side of the hotel (306) where we could see people fishing across the road. The hotel is close to great restaurants and all the fun tourist stuff, but off the main drag enough that it is pretty quiet and very relaxing.

I have to echo previous reviews that talk about how great the customer service is, esp from the manager, Peggy. On our first night at the hotel, my husband got very ill. I called the front desk at about 1AM and Peggy went into her personal medicine cabinet to find us benedryl... then she even drove up to the 24 hour 7-11 to bring us ginger ale! She wouldn't take my money. I truly cannot express how relieved I was - she kept me from having to leave my sick husband and drive his car (which I'd never driven before) in a place I was unfamiliar with. As if this wasn't enough, she and the staff gave us many great recomendations of places to go and just basically handled every need we had and all with such a wonderful attitude. Their customer service is truly world class.

I would highly encourage anyone who is looking for a relaxing stay in the Outerbanks to stay at Oasis Suites. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GEJ804
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
It was indeed our pleasure in assisting you and your husband! Hope to see you on your anniversary.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a groupon we used to stay here for our Easter week-end anniversary trip to the OBX. We had a family suite which faced the sound. The suite was clean and the beds were plush. I especially enjoyed the soaking tub. Nice view of the sound and, since we were on the sound side of the property, we didn't hear any road noise. If the place had been crowded noise might have been more of an issue as we did hear someone in another suite coughing a lot the first evening indicating that the sound insulation between suites could be improved on. There is no oven or dishwasher but they do have a cook top, full size refrigerator and microwave. Kitchen utensils were a bit sparse so I wouldn't plan on cooking any major dinners. That being said there are many excellent restaurants nearby. We loved The Brine and Bottle and the coffee at Morning View Coffee House is excellent. If you don't mind being on the sound and not the ocean you should give Oasis Suites a try.

Room Tip: I would book a room on the sound side. If you have more than two in your party the family suite has...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for purchasing our Groupon voucher. What a great deal that you pruchased!

We do have a Convection/Micowave oven in each suite. We will make sure that a cooking guide is in every suite.

Hope to see you again.
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!