“fresh, creative food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This restaurant looks like an ordinary sports bar type place, but it suprised me with its excellent food. You can get the usual bar food if you want it, but you can also get fabulous dinners. My husband and I both got the special of fried flounder with cajun aioli. We chose various sides--grilled asparagus, basmati basil rice, hand cut fries, home made cole slaw. We loved our meals--everything done to perfection--slender, perfectly grilled asparagus stalks, flounder crispy but not too much batter and not greasy. The margaritas were very good, too. Wish we'd had room for the bread pudding for dessert! The place is very casual, and you can watch your favorite sports teams on the many T.V. s. Service was very attentive and fast, and the price was very reasonable. I highly recommend this relaxed, friendly, noisy restaurant.

2  Thank diamondgirlMichigan

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great atmosphere and food! I had the crab cakes and they were fantastic! I will be going back the next time I am in town.

1  Thank Amber D
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stopped in for a Sunday lunch like we do frequently. Always friendly and the food is always good. Good value for a place on the OBX also. Recommend this place to friends and family who visit the area. Will keep coming back.

1  Thank Jeffrey W
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A couple of friends introduced us to Lucky 12 a few months ago. That trip we got the nachos & they were terrific & so big we couldn't finish them! Last night we went for $5 martini night. The waiter was friendly and efficient! We ordered crab bites, which were so good with the sauce served with them. We also ordered the Italian Stallion pizza..very good! We were hoping the thin crust would be a little crispier than it was but it was still good and flavorful! The atmosphere was lively and fun; we'll be back again & will take friends to celebrate another terrific time at OBX!

1  Thank OBX_Laynie
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am happy I went into the Lucky 12. Wanted to kill some time on a Monday night (T'giving week). Delicious meal--mahi mahi on risotto, with zucchini pieces, grilled shrimps and a lemon cream sauce. The flavors surprisingly went well together. The waitress and bartender very friendly, so I was comfortable hanging out. Discovered the pinball machines, the one I played worked well--no sticking flappers. For the rest of the week I was in OBX, I noticed on other days the parking lot was packed and at nights there was live music or a game. Nice atmosphere.