“A real friendly place in OBX”
Review of Lucky 12 Tavern

Lucky 12 Tavern
Ranked #26 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great place to go for a couple of Beers or drinks and some Pub Grub. They have a pool table in the front and a Tiki Bar out back. Great place to hang out.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

3rd Year at OBX and we always have our dinners out. Saw previous reviews and had to try even though it was about as far as we had ever traveled to get to dinner.
I ordered the Tuna Sandwich and all I can say is that it was delicious.
It looked a bit small for my appetite but with the salad and a beer, it did the trick.
Great beer selection. Majority of selection is bottled so there isn't much for test tasting.
Great Atmosphere and roomy enough for our group of 12.
All six adults and six children had an excellent meal.
As it was quite a drive up North from Waves, I would hope to hit it on the way in next time.

Parking lot was a bit cramped but it was the 4th.
Bonus Fireworks in Kitty Hawk on the way home.

1  Thank Burtuckian
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My friend and I each ordered a plate of Nachos, mine Chicken his Beef. If we had thought of it we would have ordered one and shared and would still had to take some home. I ate only 1/4 of my plate and didn't even put a dent in it. They were great!.
Went back three days later and I ordered the Tuna Sandwich. It had great taste and flavor and was cooked to my liking (med. rare). Would highly recommend anything on the menu.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in town with good friends who have been to Lucky 12 Tavern many times and highly recommended the Bushwackers (similar to Quagmires). They were delicious and you get a souvenir cup to take home.
Our four adult and two child party was seated rather quickly for lunch. Between us, we ordered the seafood soup, fish and chips, Philly cheesesteak and the kids each had pizza and fries off the kids menu. Everything tasted good with the exception of the fried pickle appetizer. Unlike what we've all had previously at places like Hooters, these came out as fried pickle wedges (vs. slices) and was not what we were expecting.
The prices are typical Outer Banks rates and the decor is interesting and "hipster" at the same time.
Definitely order the Bushwacker if you've never had one before.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Luckys was recommended to us so we gave it a try. The beer selection was better than we have seen at other bars in the area (as far as beers on tap). The appetizers we ordered, calamari was bland and chicken wings were average. There was a dinner menu available but since we were not very impressed by the appetizers, we decided not to delve further into the menu. It is for the most part a tavern (more so to one side) that had regular dining seating on the opposite side. The service however was very good and our server was very attentive.