“"Steer Clear"”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was excited to try this place but quickly learned I will not be going back anytime soon. The food was not even mediocre, the dingy and dirty dining furniture didn't help either. After my meal I decided to enjoy the cheap drinks only to find the crown was very strange. If you are looking for cheap drinks go here, if you are looking for decent food, a clean restaurant and friendly people this is NOT the place for you.

2  Thank Lauren S

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family dined at the Lucky 12 today, based on the recommendation of a server from another local restaurant. The grilled tuna sandwich and fresh cut fries were delicious. Our service was amazing! The owner even took the time to stop by to check on our experience. RECOMMEND!

2  Thank jwebb9709
iamhungry64, Owner at Lucky 12 Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thanks for taking the recommendation from a local to try us us. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and please return again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pizza was the only thing edible here. Stay away from buffalo shrimp and crab bites. My wife and shared the so called North Carolina BBQ plate and one bite told us there was nothing NC about it. Place is extremely dark and dirty. Not sure what was on the toilet in the bathroom stall but is certainly did not appear to be flour.. Definitely not a family place.

3  Thank mark a

Hi there, i'm replying to your recent review and wonder why if you were't pleased why you didn't ask to speak to a person in charge as there is always at least one manger or owner on duty. I had a recent meeting with my staff and none of them had received a complaint from any customers on the food items you mentioned. In fact over the last 7 years we have served 11644 orders of buffalo shrimp with no complaints, and no complaints on the 6781 orders of crab bites. I ran a report from 2007 til now to validate the accuracy of these items. As for our NC Barbecue maybe your just not used to our eastern NC way of cooking it as it is different than other parts of the country. As for not being a place for kids we serve about 800-1000 kids every week and they usually leave with a smile on their face because they love all the tv's and decor of lucky 12. As for your comment on white stuff in a bathroom, i'm not sure what your implying but parents still do use baby powder when changing diapers in our bathrooms.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a poor experience with the food and service last year but because the other reviews seemed generally positive and our friends rented a home nearby we tried it again. Unless we keep getting them on a bad day it appears they are more focused on catering to a rowdy young crowd than to families or people looking for a decent dining experience. The pizza however was pretty good. The rest of the stuff is not. They also featured an extensive selection of beer if thats what someone is interested in. with kill devil grill and tortugas and blue moon nearby i dont understand why anyone would go here but different strokes for different folks and i hope they do great.

2  Thank PaulDuck_NC

I am the owner of Lucky 12 and wish that if you did not enjoy your visit you would have asked to speak to a manger on duty or the owner. As the owner I work 7 days a week in the summer season and would have loved to take your criticism face to face instead of from a posting on a computer. As for catering to a younger crowd i'm not sure what that implies. I think we cater to every age bracket of people that walk through our doors. Young and old. Just a few weeks ago we had a very good customer celebrate her 90th birthday here, cake and all. I have also read your reviews on other restaurants in the area and see that you only have nice things to say about 50% of the places you visit. Maybe this area just doesn't seem to satisfy your dining expectations.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our party of 14 (ages 3 to 89) didn't know what to expect but wanted to try something different. The menu offered a wide variety, The service was great and everyone agreed the food was top notch. As with many beach road places, The prices were fair. If your looking atmosphere you won't find it here although the decor is cool. The Philly was outstanding (second only to Pat's in Philadelphia)

1  Thank jim s

My staff and I are pleased to read your review and happy to hear that your large group enjoyed your visit to Lucky 12. Travel safe!