“Fun Family Restaurant...Great prices”
Review of Lucky 12 Tavern

Lucky 12 Tavern
Ranked #27 of 84 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Rockwood, Pennsylvania
“Fun Family Restaurant...Great prices”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The restaurant is very clean and cheery. The staff and owner are very friendly and accommodating. I had the best Crab cake and French fries that were fried in peanut oil and the Cole slaw was delicious. The homemade Bread pudding was better than I have ever had.

1 Thank ekv118

Madison, Virginia
“Great bar, great beer list, and spears over chips!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Starting off, the place is just fun, and you know it from the second you walk through to door. It looks divey, but glancing at the beer list and the liquor shelves casts a lot of that aside. The beer list is extensive, and for an out-of-towner used to annoyingly high mark-ups for relatively common brews, the price-point was a welcome sight. The menu is solid (their take on the Chicago dog was pretty outstanding) and I heard from someone later in the day that their pizzas are great. Also, they serve fried pickle spears, instead of fried pickle chips, which probably doesn't matter to anyone but me but they were great. Also, the bar area is covered with TVs (it's a Pittsburgh bar, so it's not 'perfect') and there's a back area (but we stuck to the bar).

All in all, we went there for lunch, a drink or two, and to kill time, and we weren't the only ones, but it looked like the kind of place that I could have gone to every day had I been there longer. Just a great, great hang.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DukeOfMadison
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Check it out”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We went here as a large party...was seated promptly an had a great waitress....overall the food was more than pleasing the mahi bites were great. The only down side was my bbq platter was a little cold(happens with large groups now and again) over all we liked it very much. Prices are in the ballpark and service top notch.

Toronto, Ohio
“Good price great food!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Had take out only..fish sandwich and grilled chicken sandwich w fries..fish was great..not a real fishy taste..sandwich was huge..grilled chicken was great too..got it w BBQ sauce on side..last but not least..fresh cut fries!!! Delish!!

“Not worth it!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here several times, the quality of the food is going down hill, and the prices are going up! I had the fried pickles which were 6.99 for 5, at that point I should've returned them. The pizza by the slice was very small and greasy. The only good thing here are the fries.

1 Thank Scutch7
iamhungry64, Owner at Lucky 12 Tavern, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Sorry that you found your visit to Lucky 12 less than satisfying. If you were not pleased you could have asked to speak to a manager or the owner, instead of giving us a terrible rating.

In regards to our prices, most would say that we are quite reasonable compared to those of other beach establishments. As far as rising prices, the food prices for pizza slices, fried pickles, and fries have not changed since 2006. Those are also the least expensively priced items on our menu, so I'm not sure of the validity of your review. Perhaps you confused us with another restaurant.

As far as quality of food, we take pride in what we serve. In fact, in the last few weeks I personally drove on 4 separate occasions to Currituck County to purchase local grown asparagus. I also purchase softshell crabs, tuna, mahi and tilefish from our local fish houses. We make all soups, salad dressings, desserts etc from scratch. So maybe as far as our menu choices go you could have chosen something different to satisfy your taste buds.