“Check it out”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We went here as a large party...was seated promptly an had a great waitress....overall the food was more than pleasing the mahi bites were great. The only down side was my bbq platter was a little cold(happens with large groups now and again) over all we liked it very much. Prices are in the ballpark and service top notch.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Had take out only..fish sandwich and grilled chicken sandwich w fries..fish was great..not a real fishy taste..sandwich was huge..grilled chicken was great too..got it w BBQ sauce on side..last but not least..fresh cut fries!!! Delish!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here several times, the quality of the food is going down hill, and the prices are going up! I had the fried pickles which were 6.99 for 5, at that point I should've returned them. The pizza by the slice was very small and greasy. The only good thing here are the fries.

1  Thank Scutch7
iamhungry64, Owner at Lucky 12 Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Sorry that you found your visit to Lucky 12 less than satisfying. If you were not pleased you could have asked to speak to a manager or the owner, instead of giving us a terrible rating.

In regards to our prices, most would say that we are quite reasonable compared to those of other beach establishments. As far as rising prices, the food prices for pizza slices, fried pickles, and fries have not changed since 2006. Those are also the least expensively priced items on our menu, so I'm not sure of the validity of your review. Perhaps you confused us with another restaurant.

As far as quality of food, we take pride in what we serve. In fact, in the last few weeks I personally drove on 4 separate occasions to Currituck County to purchase local grown asparagus. I also purchase softshell crabs, tuna, mahi and tilefish from our local fish houses. We make all soups, salad dressings, desserts etc from scratch. So maybe as far as our menu choices go you could have chosen something different to satisfy your taste buds.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place was great!!! Great staff, great food, great atmosphere, great everything. Lucky 12 is an all around kind of establishment. I've been to 12 on numerous occasions; sometimes for lunch with kids and other times for a grown up night out. On all occasions I'm greeted by a clean atmosphere and a professional staff. The owner of lucky 12 is always there too!

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Every time I'm in town we always come here! Great food, drinks, staff, music and fun hang out spot. I highly recommend the Dublin Apple martini:) Can't wait to come back!