“Absolutely delicious!”

Kelly's Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Celebrating 30 years as a family owned and operated local's favorite, Kelly's features angus beef, chicken, pasta and vegetarian dishes, highlighting North Carolina Outer Banks Catch seafood! Enjoy a wide range of menu options from raw bar selections, grilled, broiled or fried fresh fish to steamed oysters, clams, shrimp and crab legs. Kelly's is famous not only for their fresh seafood dishes but for their mouth-watering sweet potato biscuits and made from scratch delectable desserts - made in house daily. Kelly's offers an extensive Wine Spectator award-winning wine collection that will complement any meal. The Executive Chef and culinary staff will accommodate gluten-free and other dietary requests. Families and groups large and small are always welcome and easily accommodated at Kelly's. Kid's menus are available. Kelly's boasts a AAA 3-Star rating and has been featured in Bon Appetit, Gourmet and NC's Our State magazines and numerous other publications. Dinner seating is Monday-Thursday from 4:30 until 9 pm, Friday-Saturday from 4:30 until 10 pm (except Christmas Day). The separate full-service tavern features nightly entertainment that has showcased not only the best regional bands but national acts as well. You can reserve space for a private party, including the tavern, or you can secure Kelly's for premier catering services with or without wait staff. Casual dining at its best with a unique, one-of-a-kind collection of local art, artifacts and Outer Banks memorabilia displayed throughout - Kelly's is must on your dining To Do list! Late night at Kelly's Outer Banks Tavern features live music, DJ's, karaoke and bar menu. Hours Monday-Thursday from 4:30 until 12 midnight, and Friday-Saturday from 4:30 until 2 a.m.
Reviewed February 2, 2009

We ate at Kelly's based on recommendations from our innkeepers at Cypress House Inn, and were NOT disappointed. We were greeted and seated immediately, even without reservations. Our waiter could not have been more attentive or professional. The food was outstanding! I had one of the evening's specials, Prime Rib, and it was not only cooked to perfection, it was one of the best I've ever eaten! My husband had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly, as well, and the sauce was outstanding! It was a flavorful sauce, but not overbearing for the fresh scallops! Each meal was served with a basket of fresh breads (3 different rolls), fresh tossed salad, delicious mashed potatoes and fresh veggie. While we ate the entire main dish, we could not finish the ample sides.

2  Thank weloveinns

Reviewed September 11, 2008

We come to Kelly's every September when visiting the Outer Banks. The quality of service and variety of creative cuisine has consistently been excellent. Tonight was no exception. Our server, Lisa, was professional and helpful in our menu choices. The chefs made 3 very tasty and unique seafood meals and my non seafood lover husband was very happy with the London Broil. The sauces and cucumber salsa added to the flavors of our seafood. Relaxing, quiet dinner time environment, linen cloths, nice decor! Can't wait for next year already.

Reviewed August 23, 2008

Had to wait 15 minutes for a table..Went to the bar and had two great drinks from two very personable bartenders. They helped us with some trip plans.. Dinner was GREAT food was HOT and on time would definitely go back again........

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I really enjoyed the food, although my husband did not. We waited a LONG time after ordering.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We had a delightful meal at Kelly's. I had the flounder with cucumber salsa -- excellent. My friends had the seafood platter and another flouder dish. Huge portions! Menu items ranged from $19-30 -- including bread, salad, veggies and starch. Drinks were reasonably priced -- $6 for Jack and Vodka drinks. Our server was great. The only thing that we did not like about the experience (cannot say one bad thing about the food!) -- there is a bar/dance club located within the facility -- we had a late dinner around 9pm. Apparently this is when the club starts up. While I feel I am young and hip -- I could have done without the Little John blasting in the background during my meal.