All reviews front desk ocean front room was clean the outer banks waffles the breakfast area nice deck free breakfast oceanfront room off season cleaning staff staff was very friendly beach access jeanette's pier biscuits balcony pet
Reviewed March 1, 2017

We did a winter birding trip to the Nags Head area, and were looking for an inexpensive place to stay, This fit the bill perfectly.I rated this 5 stars not because it was afancy 5-star hotel, but because it was such a great bang for the buck. The rooms were nothing fancy, but it was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly. The view of the ocean off the back deck was wonderful. The free breakfast was nothing special, but worked fine for a low budget trip.I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Richard L
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Comfort Inn has been a hotel of choice for me when traveling and this property at Nags Head proved underscored again the reasons why I choose this chain of hotels.
1. Friendly staff
2. Warm cookies
3. Great rates
4. Clean and COMFORTABLE room
5. WIFI for free
6. Excellent breakfast
7, Goes beyond expectations - I needed to house my bike for the day and they stored it for me. THANK YOU
8. BEAUTIFUL VIEW

I highly recommend this hotel and will return to stay here another day.

Room tip: Ocean view is a must
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank DIANA F
Reviewed February 27, 2017

I stayed overnight for a business trip to the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills area. Billy was the evening employee that checked me in, and he was one of the friendliest, helpful, amazing employees ever. He was very efficient and informative and called me by name when I left and came back into the hotel. While this hotel is right on the beach and has it's own beach access, it doesn't have rooms with balconies--which I would have liked. This hotel is a great value and I would stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Tabitha A
Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the first time last week for a quick trip. One of the rate was excellent I was skeptical if this would be a good place to stay. I was very pleased with the hotel. The room had recently been redecorated and was very nice. While the hotel is a bit tired it is oceanfront with great views.

I was very impressed with the service and the friendliness of all staff at this hotel. The breakfast was excellent and included in the rate. The coffee was always fresh and available throughout the day. Homemade cookies were available in the afternoon. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank GlennM850
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on a spur of the moment trip to the Outer Banks.We actually picked this motel because it was the cheapest we could find. We were pleasantly surprised. We visit the Outer Banks several times each year staying in both rental homes and hotels and this will be our go to hotel from now on. Every staff member we talked to was cordial and polite. They all went out of their way to talk to and help you. We were upgraded to an ocean front room without asking for it which was an awesome surprise. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and sweet. The room was clean and the hotel always smelled fresh and clean. The free breakfast was more than most hotels offer with eggs and sausage. Free coffee and hot chocolate all day long are a plus also. You can actually see the ocean from any window or balcony in this hotel as it is not exactly parallel to the coast. That's a plus also if you get a bay front room. We enjoyed the bay front windows near the elevator just as much as our ocean front balcony. There isn't a bad view in this hotel. It is also within walking distance of Jeanette's Pier. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. I plan on booking my summer trip here soon.

Trip type: Traveled with family