“Thank you Natalie :)” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
“Thank you Natalie :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Girls trip weekend- awesome front desk staff- upgraded to ocean front!! Very enjoyable experience :) hotel is undergoing new management team & renovations = 2014 is going to be a great season!! Plus while you are there call Captain Duke Charters at Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and your vacation will be a complete success :) OBX = sand, ocean, sun & fishing fun!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was by far our best experience ever. Upon our arrival we were promptly greeted with a friendly smile and warm welcome. Our room was very clean. We even received a phone call to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. Fresh made coffee awaited us when we arrived too. The same lady checked us out that was there to check us in. She was so sweet. I could never have asked or expected such a wonderful experience. The most comfortable beds and pillows. Wonderful location and close to everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff was nice, the property was older but fine.

What wasn't fine was the staff's complete inability to handle a serious complaint. I fell leaving the hotel due to a slick/wet ramp right outside the door. I slid, hit my car and slid under it. I cried out several times for help, and no staff came. I pulled myself up, sustaining injuries to the right side of my body. I hurt so bad that I ended up staying in bed for a day. I called the front desk, and while the young lady apologized, she never asked if I needed help, or if there was anything she could do for me. The manager could have called at the very least to check on me, but that never happened. Worse yet, was that I advised her to do something to make the area safer. Nothing was ever done even 24 hours later. very disappointing and is a huge liability for the hotel.

I had my dogs and kids with me, so we knew we would be in a "pet room" what I didn't expect was the smoking all around the hotel and on my floor. I had to sign a form saying I wouldn't smoke (which is not a problem,) so it was disgusting to me to smell it.

The breakfast was average. Our bathroom was worn and had mold all around the shower and shower curtain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jenni S, General Manager at Comfort Inn South Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Comfort Inn Oceanfront South. I apologize for any problems you had while staying with us. I also apologize for not contacting you as I was and am unaware of what happened. I have asked every employee I have on staff at this time and they too are unaware of anything like this occurring during your time staying with us. If you could please contact me so we can discuss this further, I would greatly appreciate it. You can reach me by phone at 252-441-6315 or via email at jenni.sawyer@hotelsobx.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jenni Sawyer

Travelers are raving about these Nags Head hotels

RALEIGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The staff at the Comfort Inn Nags Head are heads above the rest in making sure our stay was exactly what we wanted it to be. Everyone greets us and hopes we have a good day. The room was neat and clean - the bathroom well stocked and spotless. I absolutely love not having to cook my breakfast and the staff in the breakfast room are always attentive to breakfast bar and friendly to the guests ! We look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: the ocean view is magnificent and they allow our dog to enjoy the view as well
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff here was absolutely amazing! Was upgraded to an ocean view at no extra charge and thanks to Natalie I am now a choice member. The coffee was always hot and fresh. At one time there was none and they happily made more. The breakfast was your typical hotel food but it was still good and the ladies worked hard to keep it all stocked and even let us stay after 9:30 so we could sit and visit. One of the staff members even took some young children out to share in feeding the birds from the left over cereal on the tray. As for the rooms. No complaints what so ever. We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We are a couple on a budget and I'm always looking for a bargain so we can get away once in a while. The outer banks is our home away from home and we usually stay in a rented beach house or we stay at the Cavalier Motel but I got a great deal through Choicehotels.com for a king size ocean front room at this hotel. I've read some of the negative reviews and none of them were bad enough to make me go somewhere else. We booked 2 nights for Valentines day and it was sooooooo worth it!!! First I must say that the hotel is not 5 stars so keep that in mind. I don't know why people complain about such little things when they know that they are staying at a Comfort Inn, not some ritzy high class hotel. Any hotel on the ocean will have some weathering outside and inside. The sea salt eats away at EVERYTHING. The windows will sometimes be foggy from the salt spray, which someone was complaining about in another review. But cmon!!!! the hotel has super comfy beds, awesome fresh crisp linens that I actually didn't even change out for my own!! (I'm super grossed out by most hotel linens) The view was awesome, 5th floor and we had the room at the end of the hallway. We watched dolphins play in the surf, saw some beautiful sunrises, full moon and a million stars. Yes the hotel is angled, but ocean front is still ocean front!! the room was spacious and clean with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The free breakfast was ok.. it filled our bellies before we headed out each day. Bagels, cereal, muffins, stuff to make waffles, sausages, eggs, juice, coffee, yogurt.. just to name a few. The front desk staff was a pleasure and we had no problem checking in early at all. She checked to see if a room was available since it was about 1 or 2 in the afternoon and check-in isn't until 4 and since the room was ready, she checked us in. Even the cleaning staff is super friendly. We passed them in the hallway each morning and they always said hi with a smile. All in all we had a great stay and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaymie z
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The price and the location are major selling points, I was there slightly off-season so most of the guests were fishermen (not a bad sign). I was not the only person who decided to book an extra day or two after the first night's stay (although in my case that had a lot to do with Hatteras). The room was clean, quiet and secure (my must haves); very comfortable bed, free wi-fi. The breakfast buffet for a low-end chain hotel was impressive and well-maintained. The beach is terrific. Drawbacks: lack of outlets in the rooms. I had to plug the TV into the coffeemaker outlet in order to find one for my computer and phone charger (a sign of the age of the place). The beach side has balconies; the Sound side does not. I was on the Sound side and the sunsets from the 6th floor were spectacular --- what could be seen through the dirty windows. I'm assuming they will be clean by tourist season, but... One final point: while I was extending my stay and a fellow asked the desk clerk if he could hire someone to put his washing laundry in the dryer as he had to rush to an impromptu meeting. The desk clerk cheerfully said she was glad to do this if he'd leave change for the dryer which he did. Universally, I found the staff cheerful and helpful.

Room Tip: get a balcony above 3rd floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.5 of 5 stars 675 reviews
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel / Outer Banks
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel...
#4 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 940 reviews
Surf Side Hotel
Surf Side Hotel
#1 of 13 in Nags Head
4.5 of 5 stars 1,198 reviews
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
3.5 of 5 stars 2,081 reviews
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#5 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 994 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn South Oceanfront? Share your experiences!