Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Colonial Inn(Nags Head)
$89
$84
$110
RodewayInn
$233
$99
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
$142
Travelocity
$136
Owens' Motel(Nags Head)
$68
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Blue Heron Motel(Nags Head)
All reviewsfront deskocean frontthe outer banksroom was cleanwafflesthe breakfast areahot breakfastfree breakfastbiscuits and gravycleaning staffstaff was very friendlygreat oceanoff seasonbeach accessnorth carolinafamily vacationjennette's pier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently attended a couples retreat at Comfort Inn South Oceanfront and our experience was top-notch from the time of check-in until we departed. The staff was anxious to please each member of our group with excellent service in all areas. Any problems (which were very few in number) were readily handled. We had good accommodations, beautiful views, wonderful food and many other extra personal touches by hotel staff members throughout our weekend. We will definitely make it our location for next year's event. Thanks to all who helped make it a great memory!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pros: cheap stay for a beachfront hotel, and its pet friendly. Room had a flat screen tv, was clean. Large in room fridge plus small microwave. Our room was on the third floor, oceanfront rooms are facing East so you get a great sunrise view (ie slight angle). Front desk and maintenance were nice.
Cons: hotel needs a major overhaul. Rust, water damage, holes in ceiling tiles, toilet seat was cracked, water came out of tub and shower nozzle at the same time, did not fully spray from shower head. Walls were thin, you can hear EVERYTHING : 0 . Bed was lumpy, could feel springs in my back! Breakfast was sparse. Our door to the balcony was stuck, but they fixed this with a new handle right away. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose high floor. Anything below 3rd floor will have a dune view! Better yet, stay somewhere that's been updated since 1980!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gamacintosh
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this Comfort Inn for the last three years in a row, and always during New Year's. The entire staff from the hostess at the front desk, to the cleaning staff, and the breakfast hostess, "makes you want to come back again". The affordable and nicely laid out rooms are very inviting and the refrigerators and coffee pots are a nice addition. Ocean front rooms are our favorite, although, the ocean view rooms are quiet and restful. Next time you travel to beautiful Nags Head, give the Comfort Inn a try !

Room Tip: Try to get an Oceanfront room, listening to the waves crashing in is very relaxing and the beautiful views of the ocean, ain't bad either !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had previously wrote a review called unsure, just before my husband and I actually stayed at the hotel. Now that the time has gone by to make a real review here it is. The hotel was great, the staff was very nice and helpful when it came to resturaunts. Over all our room was on the7th floor and fantastic. Lets just say that I felt very comfortable walking on the carpet without having my shoes on (unlike other hotels) I am a very picky kind of person. The breakfast buffet was very good as well. Nice to have different choices, Okay I only have two not so nice things to say but not at all a deal breaker !! The hotel is at an angle to the beach, kinda different, also the 7th floor window by the elevator looking out was alittle fogged up but i guess being near salt water it does that. Well thats it, I hope this helps someone, and I would definately go back more than once.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sherrie C
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was a great stay for our 1st visit to Nag,s Head.
The room was spacious on the 5th floor very quiet. It has a fairly large fridge microwave comfortable chair large desk and a large balcony to view the ocean right at the feet of the hotel.
Very comfortable king size bed.
The bathroom is not spacious but you don't want to spend your stay in there anyway.
The price very reasonnable $68 it's worth it.
Oh I was forgetting the front desk employee was very hospitable and friendly great service!!!!
I really recommend and will visit again

Room Tip: ocean front the waves will keep you awake for sure but thats the reason for the stay
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple