“Great hotel! Would return again.”
Review of Hampton Inn Murphy

Hampton Inn Murphy
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Kathleen
“Great hotel! Would return again.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a great hotel, top quality. Everything in our huge king bed room was nice. It even had a nice couch/sitting area. The hotel was quiet & comfortable. Breakfast had many choices & was constantly cleaned & replinished. Everyone we came in contact with was super nice, helpful & friendly from the evening attendant who recommended the nearby Brothers Restaurant to the nice lady in the breakfast area who goes above & beyond to be friendly & meet everyone's breakfast needs. The hotel owners & managers should be very proud of this staff. They make this hotel a great place to stay.
We highly recommend the Riverwalk, about 2 miles. We parked at the ballpark end & enjoyed the scenery.
We had a flat tire on the way. The Wal-Mart across the road took care of our repairs right away at 7:30 the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This is my third trip to Murphy. I have stayed at the Hampton each time. The rooms are great and the service couldn't be better. This is one of the nicest hamp tons that I have stayed in. The area is beautiful with several restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed October 2012
Cookeville
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You know you've chosen the rigt place when you walk in the door, are greeted warmly by someone that's not the desk person who then takes the time to walk you over to the desk and intorduce you to Linda at the desk. Linda was fabulous-very friendly, genuinely made me feel as if thye were happy I was there (not just a PR talk). She walked me outside and told me where I could park my motorcycle (bascically anywhere I wanted that was not in anyone's way), and told me to act like I was at home. Some of the best staff for a hotel of this level I've experienced. The room was clean, VERY quiet, and of course the beds were great. The only drawback I could see was there was no closet. But based on the quality of the room overall and the way I was treated by everyone there, that's not an issue for me. The breakfast was basic but tasty. I will definitely stay there again if back in Murphy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John P
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My 2 adult children and I spent 3 nights here and I found it very comfortable, clean and the staff was wonderful. The breakfast was so-so but they had fruit out for snacks and nice warm cookies in the late afternoon. The strange thing was the hotel lights were turned off at 6am on Sunday morning. Not sure what that was about but it was pitch dark, I was unprepared and it scared me. I spent the 30 minutes of darkness sitting on the floor in the hallway where the emergency lights at least provided "comfort lighting". I could hear the gentleman in the next room trying to shower in the dark and cussing up a storm. Apparantly he was unprepared for the blackout as well. I will likely stay here again but not on a Saturday night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Cons:
I had a nice room however, the ice machine on the second floor is not working.
I would have liked to see a better breakfast selection.
My friend stated that her pillow did not smell like it had been washed.
Pros:
The staff is very hospitable and the facility is clean and inviting. It really is the nicest place in town to stay for the weekend.

Room Tip: All rooms were equal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped here overnight on a long trip and found the staff to be very pleasant. The lady doing the breakfast was especially nice. This is a fairly new Hampton Inn and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The only downside was that our room was fairly noisy. I recommend that you request a room on the side of the hotel facing away from the highway. I might mention that the drive from Chapel Hill, NC to Birmingham, AL on this route is really picturesque and much better than driving through Atlanta and dealing with the trucks and traffic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for free for two nights using Hilton points. When I arrived the desk clerk asked me for my credit card. I asked them what this was for because I was staying for free, the hotel does not have ppv movies, a snack counter, or gift shop. The clerk told me it was required to be recorded for my stay and no charges would appear on the card. I asked the clerk if they were sure, because I would give them a cash deposit. They assured me no charges would go on the card. When I checked out of the hotel I looked up my bank statement on the web and saw that they charged $40 on the card. When I went to the desk they said it was for "incidentals". As I stated before there are no incidentals you can get at this hotel. I asked for the General Manager Linda and she was not available. I called the next day and Linda was not able to help me as she was busy all day. The next day I called several times and she finally answered the phone and promised me she would call my bank and have the charge removed. She did not and left the hotel. I called back and the desk clerk said that Linda did call my bank and it was up to them. I called my bank and they assured me that no record of the call was on file or my money would be returned. I made a conference call with the bank on the line and the desk clerk stated that only Linda could give the bank the charge code to release my money. So this hotel that has no gift shop, no snack shop, no ppv movies took $40 of my money for no reason for 5 days and refuse to do anything to return it making me wait for the charge to drop off. I contacted Hilton customer service and they told me that they didn't think the hotel had any reason to charge my card. If you stay at this hotel, beware of their policy of charging you for "incidentals" that don't exist and then having to wait a week for your money to be returned to your account while people lie to you over the phone. Other things of note is that the hotel has an exercise room that is adequate and the rooms are clean. the Maid service is excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Hobbes1965
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Hampton Inn Murphy? Share your experiences!