Hampton Inn Murphy
$115
$99
Days Inn Murphy(Murphy)(Great Value!)
$84
Quality Inn(Andrews)
$87
$326
$299
Ridges Resort & Marina(Young Harris)(Great Value!)
$159
AscendHotels
Murphy Motel(Murphy)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanthe breakfast areagreat place to staybreakfast staffcomfortable staybusiness tripconvenient locationnorth carolinastaff was very friendly and helpfulcomplimentary breakfasteasy accessfront desk staffenjoyed our stayvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againwalmartcasino
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My 2 adult children and I spent 3 nights here and I found it very comfortable, clean and the staff was wonderful. The breakfast was so-so but they had fruit out for snacks and nice warm cookies in the late afternoon. The strange thing was the hotel lights were turned off at 6am on Sunday morning. Not sure what that was about but it was pitch dark, I was unprepared and it scared me. I spent the 30 minutes of darkness sitting on the floor in the hallway where the emergency lights at least provided "comfort lighting". I could hear the gentleman in the next room trying to shower in the dark and cussing up a storm. Apparantly he was unprepared for the blackout as well. I will likely stay here again but not on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Cons:
I had a nice room however, the ice machine on the second floor is not working.
I would have liked to see a better breakfast selection.
My friend stated that her pillow did not smell like it had been washed.
Pros:
The staff is very hospitable and the facility is clean and inviting. It really is the nicest place in town to stay for the weekend.

Room Tip: All rooms were equal.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped here overnight on a long trip and found the staff to be very pleasant. The lady doing the breakfast was especially nice. This is a fairly new Hampton Inn and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The only downside was that our room was fairly noisy. I recommend that you request a room on the side of the hotel facing away from the highway. I might mention that the drive from Chapel Hill, NC to Birmingham, AL on this route is really picturesque and much better than driving through Atlanta and dealing with the trucks and traffic.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for free for two nights using Hilton points. When I arrived the desk clerk asked me for my credit card. I asked them what this was for because I was staying for free, the hotel does not have ppv movies, a snack counter, or gift shop. The clerk told me it was required to be recorded for my stay and no charges would appear on the card. I asked the clerk if they were sure, because I would give them a cash deposit. They assured me no charges would go on the card. When I checked out of the hotel I looked up my bank statement on the web and saw that they charged $40 on the card. When I went to the desk they said it was for "incidentals". As I stated before there are no incidentals you can get at this hotel. I asked for the General Manager Linda and she was not available. I called the next day and Linda was not able to help me as she was busy all day. The next day I called several times and she finally answered the phone and promised me she would call my bank and have the charge removed. She did not and left the hotel. I called back and the desk clerk said that Linda did call my bank and it was up to them. I called my bank and they assured me that no record of the call was on file or my money would be returned. I made a conference call with the bank on the line and the desk clerk stated that only Linda could give the bank the charge code to release my money. So this hotel that has no gift shop, no snack shop, no ppv movies took $40 of my money for no reason for 5 days and refuse to do anything to return it making me wait for the charge to drop off. I contacted Hilton customer service and they told me that they didn't think the hotel had any reason to charge my card. If you stay at this hotel, beware of their policy of charging you for "incidentals" that don't exist and then having to wait a week for your money to be returned to your account while people lie to you over the phone. Other things of note is that the hotel has an exercise room that is adequate and the rooms are clean. the Maid service is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Hobbes1965
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This Murphy, NC Hampton Inn was built in 2011, I believe. It is nice and clean, good location, and the room we had was spacious. The hotel staff were very accommodating and extremely well mannered and pleasant. The front desk staff were some of the friendliest staff we have encountered, start to finish. We will definitely stay here when we return to Murphy. The only low note I have is that I am not a fan of premade microwavable ham-egg-cheese/sausage-egg-cheese biscuits. I much prefer the scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon, all of which or heated with a toaster oven or microwave. That was the only down side to our stay - the breakfast sandwiches; however, there is a Waffle King right down the street that has a wonderful breakfast, better than IHop; so, try that restaurant and you won't be disappointed -- and their prices are very reasonable, and their service very good.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king-size room, Room 102, ground floor near front desk. Great spacious room, quiet. Ice machine 15 steps from room and very close to breakfast area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family