“Best Western, Murphy, NC”

Best Western Of Murphy
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I found this to be a very nice motel. Although an older design, it is clean, well maintained and very conveniently located, close to shopping and dinning. My dog was with me and the dog friendly room provided us with top quality furnshings and easy access. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Free breakfast was warm it yourself, with coffiee, two juices and several good choices of cereal, pastries and pancakes. A quiet, pleasant and comfortable night's sleep. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Robert B

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I had reserved a non-smoking room. When we arrived, there was none available. Since there were no other rooms available locally that we could identify, we viewed the room that was available - heavy smoke odor, no way that we could take it. I asked that our money be refunded and I was told that was not an option. I showed my reservation which clearly identified our room as non- smoking. At first, the attendant said that they could not be responsible for bookings from 3rd party sites - we had booked it at Bestwestern.com! she said that we should have called the local hotel instead. After much heated discussion and refusing to back down on my part, after calling her manager - finally she relented. My advice - stay at the Hampton Inn across the parking lot, I sure will next time!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Neal_Chattanooga
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I took an impromptu trip to the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee the first weekend of November. We did not have a reservation anywhere as we weren't sure where we would end up. When we drove into Murphy around 4:00 in the afternoon, we decided to try and get a room. I looked up hotels on TripAdvisor and saw that the Best Western had good reviews so we decided to get a room. The desk clerk was very friendly and I told her the lowest rate I had seen on line and also told her we had a AAA card. She gave me the manager's special rate, which was less than the AAA rate. We noticed they had smoking and non-smoking rooms and wanted to make sure the room we got did not smell like smoke as we are allergic. The desk clerk took the time to walk us to the room and let us inspect to make sure it smelled OK. The room smelled very fresh and clean with no smell of smoke at all. We've experienced problems with other hotels that had "non-smoking" rooms that smelled heavily of smoke so we were pleased this room smelled so nice. The room was a standard hotel room with a comfortable, very clean bed, flat screen TV, desk with chair, sofa, refrigerator and microwave. There is also a coffee pot in the room with individual coffee pods. Everything seemed very clean in the bathroom as well. The room seemed very quiet and we never heard any of the other guests the whole evening or the next morning. We did not notice any road noise as another reviewer stated. The breakfast was decent, but nothing special. Pancakes from a machine that were pretty tasty. There was the usual selection of pastries, toast, cereal, apples and bananas. Overall, the stay was very pleasant and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a room in the Murphy area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed in room 205, a double queen, and it was very nice. The beds were comfortable, with plenty of pillows and a lightweight comforter. Flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker all fine. Bathroom on the small side but adequate. Shower was very good. The room was very quiet and clean. The staff were very friendly. Only improvement would be if they would add other hot items to select from for breakfast. Only have pancakes from a machine and french toast and blueberry toaster waffles. If you just want cold cereal or instant oatmeal you'll be fine. Also, if you don't use the in-room safe you must ask at check-out to have the charge removed from your bill.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robin H
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel and still staying every week since we are working in the area. The staff there is the best. Aurelia the manager there is so sweet. Everytime i run into her she is always there with a happy greeting and greeting guests as soon as they walk in the door. There is also a woman there with grey hair and wears glasses that is awesome also(i forget her name) but she is the only one there with that description. the grey hair lady is so sweet and nice. Better yet all the staff there is awesome. I have only had one promblem there so far and that was the little desk beside the window was very wobbly and I reported it and while at work the next day it was replaced. If you are going to be in the area I would recommend this hotel for sure. It is worth the money.

Room Tip: all the rooms here are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed October 24, 2013

if you want a nondiscirpt stay at a hotel and unpleasent breakfast stay here. the location was great but there are other hotels and places to stay in Murphy,NC so if you shop around you could find just as good a deal. The staff was very nice but nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Doreen A
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is just an average hotel but charging a premium rate. The rooms are nothing special, though they are clean, tidy and spacious, and well equipped in terms of TV, fridge and microwave oven. There is a Hampton Inn just opposite, which is even more expensive. The breakfast was quite simple, consisting of fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast, pancakes and the usual choice of tea, coffee and fruit juices. This hotel is not worth the money, but there is not much choice in Murphy and there are some grotty motels not part of chains which I'd avoid.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank levado656
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Andrews
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Best Western Of Murphy? Share your experiences!