“Needs freshened up.”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Isom, United States
“Needs freshened up.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Carpet was dirty. I did not pack house shoes so I wore my white socks in the room. Bad mistake, the bottoms of the socks quickly turned black. Mattress was worn out It felt as if it was broken down.. Room smelled musty. This room did not meet my expectations from Best Western. I would not get a room here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Jeffery M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Like other Best Western hotels, this one has a rough appearance looking at it from the outside. The Hampton across the parking lot looks much nicer. The rooms themselves are actually very nice and clean. The staff was pretty helpful as well. My biggest complaint was breakfast. The hotel lobby is quite small, so there is very limited space to eat and also to get to the food. The selection was pretty limited as well. With a lot of people, it seemed like there wasn't enough food for everyone. Also, my wife would have appreciated having skim milk as an option. Overall, it was a decent hotel, but I would have preferred to have paid less for what I got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I met clients at this Best Western every two weeks for several months (I'm in traveling sales, and a heavy hotel user). About half the time, I am on my own; other times I stay as a guest of a client. I had never encountered less-than-friendly service here, but this week the staff confronted me about eating breakfast the following morning when my name was not on the room. We had gotten "breakfast tickets" (itself kind of unusual) when we checked in, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Regardless, the BW shares a parking lot with a Hampton Inn- it's a bit more expensive, but also a nicer place to meet my clients. Hopefully, they won't make a similar issue out of a bowl of cereal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Kenneth K
Monett, Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had been traveling all day and were looking for a nice place to get some Zzzs. Saw the reviews on here and decided to stay here. Overall it wasn't bad, but nothing above and beyond. The room was clean, but the bathroom door didn't want to close without significant effort. The a/c was a bit loud, but the bed was comfy and it served its purpose. We chose not to eat breakfast here because we needed to get on the road but it looked decent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a special treat for my husband & me...but especially for our 2 "pup-kids!" THEY received treats, a flashing heart medallion for their leashes and were treated like royalty! We were too! Great location, excellent staff, good breakfast, beautiful pool (though thunder kept it closed), older place, but very clean and comfortable!!! We were completing the "Manteo to Murphy" trip on Hwy. 64, and this was the perfect ending! Hopefully we can come back this way again and spend more time exploring the surrounding areas!

Room Tip: Excellent for travellers with pets!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was really comforting to walk in to an American that spoke English at the front desk. Upon arrival we requested a pet-free and smoke-free room. The very friendly worker smiled and replied "no problem". Room was very quite with the hottest water every in a hotel. Wifi worked very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel to be quite expensive considering it's location and conditions. It is definitely targeting the smoker patrons. You could not get a non smoking room and everything smelled like cigarette smoke. I gave to admit the included breakfast was pretty decent. It included pastries and hot pancakes. A mixed bag of chips. The personnel was very very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
BossLady_01, Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I am sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. It is unusual that we find anyone saying that the hotel is 'dirty and rundown." I would appreciate you contacting me and letting me know specifically what was not clean or run down so that the situation can be remedied. I do appreciate that you took the time to let us know your experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Days Inn Murphy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Robbinsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Andrews

Been to Best Western Of Murphy? Share your experiences!