“Another great stay in Murphy”

Best Western Of Murphy
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Murphy
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Another great stay in Murphy”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is my second stay at this motel and it continues to meet and/or exceed my expectations. The staff is super and provided me with a room based on my specific request(s). The swimming pool water is "crystal clear" which indicates a sincere desire to maintain the property to high standards. The parking areas and landscaping was clean/groomed. There's no need for me to try another motel in the Murphy area. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
BossLady_01, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us. It makes us feel good to know that the hard work put in by the staff is noticed and appreciated. We truly enjoy meeting our guests and want each and everyone to feel like you do. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and do look forward to when you come through Murphy again.

Aurelia Stone, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My dog and I enjoyed our recent stay in Murphy. I really appreciate the friendly staff. They didn't even give me a hard time when I couldn't figure out how to work the pancake machine. This is actually the only hotel I have stayed at twice. For those going to the John C. Campbell Folk School, this motel is very close and convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
BossLady_01, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I appreciate your taking the time to write this review. I am very glad that you and your dog enjoyed your stay. We have several guests who are attending the John C. Campbell Folk school and always look forward to seeing their creations at the end of the class. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 7, 2012

On our trip south from Rhode Island to take son to Virginia Tech we decided to continue south to visit Alabama family stopping 1st to see the Smoky Mountains up close. We booked the Best Western from previous experience with the hotel chain. On our arrival we were warmly welcomed and treated like they'd known us for years. Our dogs (2) were also warmly welcomed and even given food and treats. The room (125) was on the ground floor with a private entrance where we had easy access to our truck. A big plus when traveling with dogs. The room was very clean, we didn't even feel we needed our Lysol. The bed was ultra comfortable and the pool that night and in the am was awesome. I liked that we could also control the in room A/C. Food was close by and the breakfast was excellent. Our next trip to Alabama will most definitely include a stop there if possible.

Room Tip: call ahead to reserve...we didn't at a BW in Tennessee and were disappointed with the quality of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. A family is more than just its human elements - it encompasses its four legged members as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff was very friendly, and the hotel was clean and comfortable. Right accross the street from Wal-Mart, which is convenient if you forgot anything. Within walking distance of food etc. They went out of their way to accomodate motorcycle riders. (extra towels for cleaning/drying the bike after rain). I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BossLady_01, Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We do appreciate our motorcycle guests and hope that you will come back and see us again soon.
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed in room 219. Had hair all in tub and on bathroom floor. Had room with two queen beds but wanted to charge extra because we had four people sleeping there. I am platinum member and was very disappointed with this hotel. I bragged on this chain to friends but was embarrassed to bring them here.

• Stayed August 2012
BossLady_01, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room's cleanliness. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms and I am embarrassed that you found it to be different. I have talked to the housekeeper who cleaned the room prior to your stay and have expressed my disappointment in the job done. I do wish that you had reported this to the front desk and we could have moved you to another room.
Though it is our policy to charge for extra adults, we did not charge for the extra people in the room because you are a platinum member and stayed on your free night points.
Again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that we are the best in Murphy.
London
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Wonderfully pleasant staff, delightful and extremely spacious rooms for my aunt and myself, with everything we needed. To turn up on spec and get two excellent rooms was a real surprise. The hotel is located about 15 minutes walk from downtown, and is convenient to the local Catholic church. Breakfast was perfectly functional, and set us up for the day.

Room Tip: All of them are fine. If you have a disability, you might want the lower rooms, as I don't think...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. You are correct in that we do not have an elevator and guests who cannot use stairs need to let us know when making the reservation. I am glad that we were able to get you connecting rooms so you could get together anytime you wanted.
We look forward to you coming back again.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here two nights with my father. We enjoyed our rooms. Comfortable beds, everything was clean except the floor, it was nasty. I dont think they vacuumed in a long time. Not impressed with breakfast so we walked next door to burger king. New Hampton inn next door but the were costlier. Walmart across the street. Good location and the staff was very nice. You park outside your door. Old tv, fridge, hairdryer, some toiletries. Probably will stay again.

Room Tip: Some smoking room and pet friendly rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BossLady_01, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I apologize for any problems you had with the floor. They are vacuumed daily and we have them professionally cleaned on a regular basis. I would appreciate knowing which room you were in and when you stayed so I can take care of the carpet problem.
Our breakfast is limited by local health department regulations which will not allow us to serve a hot breakfast.
We are also in the process of modifying furniture in the room to accommodate new televisions later this year.
I hope you will be back to see us and I really do appreciate the comments - they help us improve our service.
Aurelia Stone, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphy
Hampton Inn Murphy
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Robbinsville

Been to Best Western Of Murphy? Share your experiences!