“Warm, cozy cabin in the mountains”
other travelers have booked this property
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot
Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Outdoor dining on the screened-in porch
The best place in the Smokey's to watch the sun rise.
Sunrise one morning in winter from the screened-in porch.
Sunrise in summer with clouds in the valley
Kitchen has everything you'll need
Kitchen, indoor dining, hallway leading to half bath and staricase leading to upstairs bedrooms.
Kitchen, we have some spices and paper goods. Use whatever you'd like.
Autumn Leaves
Storm late one day
Living area, desk, kitchen.
Indoor dining table with view
Copper collection on the fireplace. New remote controlled gas fireplace.
Living room has a couch, 3 recliners, flat screen TV
fog lifting from the valley on a stormy day
My attempt at barn painting. I'll get better
Master bath
Master bedroom with flat screen tv
Master bedroom.
Lower deck area has a gas grill, picnic table, lounge chair and two person swing. Beautiful View!
Dogwood in Spring
Hallway connecting the two bedrooms and bath.
Guest Bedroom with Queen bed.
Morning World
Front Walk
My sweet cabin.
Wildlife
View from the master bedroom window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Keith W
Central Florida, Florida
“Warm, cozy cabin in the mountains”
Reviewed December 26, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed for the week before Christmas. We are from Florida and like to experience some cooler temperatures and we both love western NC. Third time at Above the Clouds Retreat. The amenities of the cabin are great, nice kitchen, gas fireplace, lovely screened-in porch, beautiful mountain views! Nicely equipped with flat screen TV, DVD player, wi-fi, gas grill, washer and dryer, you name it! This cabin is only minutes from downtown Murphy and shopping, but you would not know it. Our host Joanie is wonderful. We have rented from her no less than half-dozen times and have not been disappointed. There is plenty to do in and around Murphy. I have a couple of favorite places, but we explore and venture out each time we go. My favorite lodging? Above the Clouds! It's like being at home and on vacation too!

Dec 28, 2016
Keith & Deidra, what a great review! Thanks so much for the high praise. I can't tell you how happy I am when you are staying at my cabin because I know you will treat it as if it were your own. I love my home there in the mountains so I appreciate your visits so much. I hope you come back again and again. See you in 2017! Happy New Year.....Joanie
710carol
Katy, Texas
“One of the best views in Murphy”
Reviewed November 14, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This is my second stay at the Retreat and it was just as wonderful as the first. Joanie is great to work with. She is so helpful and ,by far, the best owner that I've ever dealt with. She is always concerned about her guest.
The Retreat is on a mountain, but the road is paved and well maintained. The home is private, but not secluded. There are neighbors, but none are visible. Traveling alone I feel perfectly safe at the Retreat. The home has everything that you need to feel at home.
The view is spectacular. You can see for for miles. The mountains are beautiful at any time of the year. If you are looking for a cute, cozy, very clean vacation cabin, give the Retreat a try.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the deck
Liked least: Having to leave the peace and beauty of the Retreat!
1946diane
Brooksville, Florida
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed March 2, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I like to read and the lighting was not the best for reading. The kitchen was well appointed. I would have liked more window coverings. Overall the house was very comfortable. View was great.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort of the house.
Liked least: The lighting for reading.
Friends getaway
Hanna K
Winter Park, Florida
“Everything I hoped for and more!”
Reviewed January 2, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The view was amazing! The whole cabin was warm and comfy. Everything was nicely decorated, and the master bedroom's bed was so comfortable. All the pamphlets in the basket were very helpful, it had an ad for Gallery 26 which was a cute little shop with kind people working there. The scenery was amazing and I spent most of my time on the patio or by the fire place. My husband and I ate at the Chop House for dinner and the food there was amazing. The week I spent in this cabin was everything that I expected and more. I feel so refreshed and was so sad to say goodbye. I hope to come again some day.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fire place and the view.
Liked least: I do wish there were curtains for the windows in the living room. It made me uneasy at night.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Jan 4, 2016
We LOVED having you there. You were our fifth honeymoon couple for the year of 2015 and it brings me so much joy knowing that we have newly married couples sharing our special home! Please come back on your anniversary next year and make it a yearly tradition! Happy New Year Hanna
Keith W
Central Florida, Florida
“Awesome Views”
Reviewed December 21, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

This is the second time of coming to this cabin and the 4th time booking with Joanie. Joanie is the greatest and ensures that her guests are well informed and provided for. I would definitely recommend this cabin and booking cabin vacation rentals through Joanie. Our visit in December 2015 was most relaxing and the views awesome. Cabin is cozy and the kitchen provides a fantastic cooking area. My wife loves to cook. We are on the short list for rentals with Joanie and enjoy coming to the mountains when ever we can. Can't wait for our next visit!! There are so many things to do. we travelled the Cherohala Skyway and drove into Franklin for lunch and shopping in the quaint shoppes The worst part and the thing I like the least is leaving the mountains

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Mountains and fresh air
Liked least: leaving
Friends getaway
Dec 29, 2015
I have to say, I LOVE IT when I have guests come back to the cabin, again and again and you are just the Best....Guests.....EVER! Thanks so much for buying the stove top cleaning kit, that was so nice of you and for always treating my home like your own. I appreciate your buisness and am happy you will be back again soon....
710carol
Katy, Texas
“Perfect Little Gem With An Awesome View”
Reviewed November 3, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I have rented several homes in Murphy, and Above The Clouds Retreat is by far the cutest and most comfortable one that I've rented. Joanie has thought of everything to make you comfortable. There are flat screen televisions in both the living room and master bedroom. The king size bed was super comfortable. I haven't slept so soundly in months.

If you choose to cook, there is a fully equipped kitchen. There is everything that you need to prepare a meal with high end cookware and serving dishes.

There's a fabulous fireplace. You only have to push a button to set it for 30,60 or 90 minutes. I want one for my home!

Then there's that awesome view! I'm typically not an early riser, but I got up before daybreak each day just to watch the sun come up over those beautiful mountains. It's spectacular.

My favorite spot was the screened deck. I spent hours out there with a book and a glass of wine. It was so quite, peaceful and beautiful. It was difficult to leave that and return to the big city.

Joanie is the best to work with. She sends all the information that you need before you leave for your trip,There are instructions in the cabin on how to connect to the Internet, operate the fireplace, television, etc.

Murphy has something for everyone from antique shopping to the new casino. I've already made plans to return next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The deck and the view.
Liked least: nothing that I can think of.
Nov 4, 2015
Carol, I must say that I absolutely LOVED having you at the Retreat, loved your emails about how happy you were and your descriptions about the sunrises, that I too, find spectacular! You were a wonderful guest. Knowing that someone as appreciative of nature as I am is enjoying my "Retreat" and taking care of it like I would makes renting it all worthwhile. My cleaner loved having you there too. So Thanks YOU! I'm so glad you're coming back the same time next year....the mountains and I will welcome you gladly...
colbe94
Lansing, Michigan
“The Perfect Place To Stay!”
Reviewed September 29, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The retreat is the absolute perfect place to stay for a relaxing vacation. The views from the cabin are breathtaking! There was nothing better than sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee every morning and enjoying the crisp mountain air. The cottage is clean, comfortable, and is stocked with almost everything you might need. The drive up to the cabin is steep but short, and there is plenty of privacy from any neighbors. The Wi-Fi worked great along with the provided MacBook, and the TV was convenient for late night relaxation. The town of Murphy is amazing and is close to many attractions. I fell in love right away and we met so many friendly people in town. If you want a relaxing, stress free vacation in the Smokies then stay here! I cannot recommend it enough!

Joanie-
Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality, the cabin exceeded everything we ever expected. I’m so grateful to have stumbled upon FlipKey and your property. This is a trip we will remember forever and we are so happy you and your cabin were a part of it.
Thanks again,
Nicole and Ransom

Liked best: The view
Your age range 18-24
Nov 4, 2015
Thank you so much for coming to stay at my little "Retreat"! I was thrilled that you enjoyed it so much. I love having people in my cabin that enjoy sitting outside on the screened porch and watch the ever changing mountains. Thanks so much for the great review and I hope that you come back and see us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing