“Very nice place to stay.”
other travelers have booked this property
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot
Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Outdoor dining on the screened-in porch
The best place in the Smokey's to watch the sun rise.
Sunrise one morning in winter from the screened-in porch.
Sunrise in summer with clouds in the valley
Kitchen has everything you'll need
Kitchen, indoor dining, hallway leading to half bath and staricase leading to upstairs bedrooms.
Kitchen, we have some spices and paper goods. Use whatever you'd like.
Autumn Leaves
Storm late one day
Living area, desk, kitchen.
Indoor dining table with view
Copper collection on the fireplace. New remote controlled gas fireplace.
Living room has a couch, 3 recliners, flat screen TV
fog lifting from the valley on a stormy day
My attempt at barn painting. I'll get better
Master bath
Master bedroom with flat screen tv
Master bedroom.
Lower deck area has a gas grill, picnic table, lounge chair and two person swing. Beautiful View!
Dogwood in Spring
Hallway connecting the two bedrooms and bath.
Guest Bedroom with Queen bed.
Morning World
Front Walk
My sweet cabin.
Wildlife
View from the master bedroom window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
1946diane
Brooksville, Florida
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed March 2, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I like to read and the lighting was not the best for reading. The kitchen was well appointed. I would have liked more window coverings. Overall the house was very comfortable. View was great.

Date of stay: February 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort of the house.
Liked least: The lighting for reading.
Traveling group: Solo
Hanna K
Winter Park, Florida
“Everything I hoped for and more!”
Reviewed January 2, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The view was amazing! The whole cabin was warm and comfy. Everything was nicely decorated, and the master bedroom's bed was so comfortable. All the pamphlets in the basket were very helpful, it had an ad for Gallery 26 which was a cute little shop with kind people working there. The scenery was amazing and I spent most of my time on the patio or by the fire place. My husband and I ate at the Chop House for dinner and the food there was amazing. The week I spent in this cabin was everything that I expected and more. I feel so refreshed and was so sad to say goodbye. I hope to come again some day.

Date of stay: December 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fire place and the view.
Liked least: I do wish there were curtains for the windows in the living room. It made me uneasy at night.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Jan 4, 2016
We LOVED having you there. You were our fifth honeymoon couple for the year of 2015 and it brings me so much joy knowing that we have newly married couples sharing our special home! Please come back on your anniversary next year and make it a yearly tradition! Happy New Year Hanna
Keith W
Central Florida, Florida
“Awesome Views”
Reviewed December 21, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

This is the second time of coming to this cabin and the 4th time booking with Joanie. Joanie is the greatest and ensures that her guests are well informed and provided for. I would definitely recommend this cabin and booking cabin vacation rentals through Joanie. Our visit in December 2015 was most relaxing and the views awesome. Cabin is cozy and the kitchen provides a fantastic cooking area. My wife loves to cook. We are on the short list for rentals with Joanie and enjoy coming to the mountains when ever we can. Can't wait for our next visit!! There are so many things to do. we travelled the Cherohala Skyway and drove into Franklin for lunch and shopping in the quaint shoppes The worst part and the thing I like the least is leaving the mountains

Date of stay: December 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Mountains and fresh air
Liked least: leaving
Dec 29, 2015
I have to say, I LOVE IT when I have guests come back to the cabin, again and again and you are just the Best....Guests.....EVER! Thanks so much for buying the stove top cleaning kit, that was so nice of you and for always treating my home like your own. I appreciate your buisness and am happy you will be back again soon....
710carol
Katy, Texas
“Perfect Little Gem With An Awesome View”
Reviewed November 3, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I have rented several homes in Murphy, and Above The Clouds Retreat is by far the cutest and most comfortable one that I've rented. Joanie has thought of everything to make you comfortable. There are flat screen televisions in both the living room and master bedroom. The king size bed was super comfortable. I haven't slept so soundly in months.

If you choose to cook, there is a fully equipped kitchen. There is everything that you need to prepare a meal with high end cookware and serving dishes.

There's a fabulous fireplace. You only have to push a button to set it for 30,60 or 90 minutes. I want one for my home!

Then there's that awesome view! I'm typically not an early riser, but I got up before daybreak each day just to watch the sun come up over those beautiful mountains. It's spectacular.

My favorite spot was the screened deck. I spent hours out there with a book and a glass of wine. It was so quite, peaceful and beautiful. It was difficult to leave that and return to the big city.

Joanie is the best to work with. She sends all the information that you need before you leave for your trip,There are instructions in the cabin on how to connect to the Internet, operate the fireplace, television, etc.

Murphy has something for everyone from antique shopping to the new casino. I've already made plans to return next year!

Date of stay: October 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The deck and the view.
Liked least: nothing that I can think of.
Traveling group: Solo
Nov 4, 2015
Carol, I must say that I absolutely LOVED having you at the Retreat, loved your emails about how happy you were and your descriptions about the sunrises, that I too, find spectacular! You were a wonderful guest. Knowing that someone as appreciative of nature as I am is enjoying my "Retreat" and taking care of it like I would makes renting it all worthwhile. My cleaner loved having you there too. So Thanks YOU! I'm so glad you're coming back the same time next year....the mountains and I will welcome you gladly...
colbe94
Lansing, Michigan
“The Perfect Place To Stay!”
Reviewed September 29, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The retreat is the absolute perfect place to stay for a relaxing vacation. The views from the cabin are breathtaking! There was nothing better than sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee every morning and enjoying the crisp mountain air. The cottage is clean, comfortable, and is stocked with almost everything you might need. The drive up to the cabin is steep but short, and there is plenty of privacy from any neighbors. The Wi-Fi worked great along with the provided MacBook, and the TV was convenient for late night relaxation. The town of Murphy is amazing and is close to many attractions. I fell in love right away and we met so many friendly people in town. If you want a relaxing, stress free vacation in the Smokies then stay here! I cannot recommend it enough!

Joanie-
Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality, the cabin exceeded everything we ever expected. I’m so grateful to have stumbled upon FlipKey and your property. This is a trip we will remember forever and we are so happy you and your cabin were a part of it.
Thanks again,
Nicole and Ransom

Date of stay: August 2015
Liked best: The view
Your age range 18-24
Nov 4, 2015
Thank you so much for coming to stay at my little "Retreat"! I was thrilled that you enjoyed it so much. I love having people in my cabin that enjoy sitting outside on the screened porch and watch the ever changing mountains. Thanks so much for the great review and I hope that you come back and see us!
Mlappa
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A mountain paradise”
Reviewed August 29, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Joanie's house is the perfect destination to get away from the stresses of of everyday living. It is immaculately clean and absolutely everything you could want is provided for you. The cool, clean mountain air combines with the soft sounds of nature, to relax you no matter had tense you are when you arrive.

The house has two decks overlooking 3 states (North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia), one screened in, and one open to the sky. The nightly stars are incredible, and there is even a star gazing lounge chair perfectly positioned to watch for hours without straining your neck. The hummingbird feeder attracts those beautiful, little birds every day, and the morning mist hangs over the valley each day.

The drive up the mountain is very steep, but a short distance (0.5 mile), and only takes a few minutes, but it takes you completely away from civilization. The TV has every channel you could ever want, the kitchen has whatever you need, and she even provided a laptop PC & free wi-fi to make dinner reservation, golf tee times, zip line tours, etc.

It is a great value and I recommend it highly.

Date of stay: July 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the screened in porch for morning coffee and breakfast.
Liked least: nothing
Brian B
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fine dining with the best view around!”
Reviewed August 18, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and met her sister and husband there for a week long getaway. We could not have been happier with the accommodations or the owner! This place is very comfortable and informal. Joan has it decorated tastefully country (just enough Kitsch). We did have some technological struggles playing a video and using her computer but that says more about us. The screen porch makes this house and we spent almost every waking hour there eating and playing scrabble at the table, laying back reading in the wicker chairs and chase lounge, and taking in the ever changing scenery of the mountain skyline. The king bed was too big for the room and the weak mattress had me pitched down to the headboard but the other bed seemed quite nice. Comfortable bedding and everything very clean. The kitchen is well appointed and we (my sister in law) made all of our meals there so we ate better food and had a better view than any restaurant. The bird feeders were stocked but were emptied by the fifth day (lots of activity). I cannot image a better spot or value and will certainly come back if she will have us.

Date of stay: August 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The massive screen porch with fabulous views.
Liked least: king size bed too big for room and mattress worn out.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing