“Exactly what we were promised!”
other travelers have booked this property
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Winter with snow in the valley....
All time favorite reading spot
Beautiful screened-in porch overlooking the spectacular views.
Outdoor dining on the screened-in porch
The best place in the Smokey's to watch the sun rise.
Sunrise one morning in winter from the screened-in porch.
Sunrise in summer with clouds in the valley
Kitchen has everything you'll need
Kitchen, indoor dining, hallway leading to half bath and staricase leading to upstairs bedrooms.
Kitchen, we have some spices and paper goods. Use whatever you'd like.
Autumn Leaves
Storm late one day
Living area, desk, kitchen.
Indoor dining table with view
Copper collection on the fireplace. New remote controlled gas fireplace.
Living room has a couch, 3 recliners, flat screen TV
fog lifting from the valley on a stormy day
My attempt at barn painting. I'll get better
Master bath
Master bedroom with flat screen tv
Master bedroom.
Lower deck area has a gas grill, picnic table, lounge chair and two person swing. Beautiful View!
Dogwood in Spring
Hallway connecting the two bedrooms and bath.
Guest Bedroom with Queen bed.
Morning World
Front Walk
My sweet cabin.
Wildlife
View from the master bedroom window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kadar J
Macon, Georgia
“Exactly what we were promised!”
Reviewed July 12, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Everything at this beautiful cabin was exactly as advertised online and precisely what we needed! The view was awesome. The place was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It had all of the amenities one could expect... WIFI & satellite TV (both of which worked properly); modern, well-equipped kitchen; comfortable, well-maintained furniture; and not one but two decks (one open-air & one screened-in) from which to enjoy the incredible view. Many times the road up to cabins like this can be a problem but this one was paved and well-maintained. It was definitely steep and narrow but we have seen a lot worse!

The cabin is perfect for a couple though it could work for a couple with a small family. The 2 bedrooms and the full bath are a little small. Watch out for the step-ups at the entrance to both bedrooms! (This was one of the few awkward things about the cabin.) These were drawbacks but by no means deal breakers. We certainly hope to go back!

Date of stay: July 2015
Families with young children
Keith W
Central Florida, Florida
“Relax, unwind and take a walk along the river....”
Reviewed June 17, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Great cabin, spent 10 days in the cool mountains. The cabin is quiet, comfortable, beautiful views, nice bed, well-equipped kitchen (we like to cook in), gas grill, on a hill, close to town, shady and cool, surrounded by trees and scenery. We have stayed in Murphy on other occasions and a few other places, but this was by far the best equipped and most comfortable. Good wi-fi connection for emails and music, washer and dryer, nice flat panel TV and HBO made it convenient. The back porch is screened in, very nice comfortable furnishings and a great long-range mountain view. When we return to Murphy, we will stay here again. There is so much to do and see within a short drive it is always a pleasure to go there. When you don't want to do anything except snuggle-up at the cabin, toss a steak and corn-on-the-cob on the grill, this is the place to be!

Date of stay: June 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We were on a scenic, quiet mountain top and only five minutes from stores and town!
Liked least: When we had to leave and go home....
Your age range 50-64
Allyson P
Fort Myers, Florida
“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Joanie,
It was absolutely perfect! I could not have wanted anything more for the true vacation I needed! I LOVE your place - I never even left the grounds the whole week!

Above The Clouds was the most restful, perfect vacation I have ever taken. The house itself was spotless, had every amenity I could ask for, beautifully decorated, super comfortable. The bed in the master bedroom was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! The view was spectacular! I spent most of my time on the screen porch in the comfy wicker chaise and rocking chairs. It was quiet, secluded, and absolutely beautiful at all times of the day and night. I traveled alone but felt perfectly safe in the location. Joanie had thought of every bit of information I could need before my trip and sent it to me - that was so helpful! I just can't say enough about the host, the house, the location - it was absolutely perfect for me - above and beyond my expectations! The pictures on this website are so accurate. I honestly thought it couldn't be this good, but it was! I will be back many times in the future. Joanie was great to work with too. The transaction process, the communication between us was so smooth. Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!

I was able to do here exactly what I needed - unwind, rest, reflect, restore. I had been through some tough times in the last few months and was so stressed out. This truly was a retreat for me. I went braless, shoeless, and make-up less the entire week, and felt like a new person at the end. It was as comfortable as home, so pretty but homey and somehow familiar. I loved, loved, loved the privacy!

I cannot think of one solitary thing that could be improved. Not one.
Please DO put me on your short list and any list for specials - I will definitely be back - I would live there if I could!

Thanks again, Karen

Date of stay: March 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The screened in porch
Traveling group: Solo
ibebeth20...
Gainesville, Florida
“It was like staying in our own private B&B in the mountains”
Reviewed May 29, 2015 for a stay in November 2014

Nov 1, 2014

Joanie,
Enjoyed our week in your mountain home. Beautiful color. Being here was like staying in our own private B&B in the mountains. The weather was great. Warm beginning of the week. Overcast on Wednesday so we could make us stay in for a DEAR day (drop everything and read) to clear and gorgeous. End of week turned cold but we got to enjoy some snow flurries! Doesn’t get any better.
We ate breakfast at the Sawmill Place one day. Wonderful food - See Blairsville Ga. Highly recommend.
Visited driving tours thru Ocoee, Natahala and Russell-Brasstown Pkway. Even dropped by John Campbells Folk School.
So many places to see and do- So little time - Can’t wait to return. I could go on and on- Thanks again, Beth & Brice, Gainesville, Fl

Date of stay: November 2014
Your age range 50-64
Vicky C
Apollo Beach, Florida
“Retreat even more than expected.”
Reviewed May 24, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Joanie was very informative with all the instructions for the cabin. Did not have a problem with anything. The retreat is so relaxing and beautiful, from the decorating to the views from the whole bottom floor. It was the most relaxing vacation I have taken in years. It is also just minutes from downtown Murphy, restaurants, and shopping. My favorite thing was the screen room on the front which was just wonderful to read or take an afternoon nap. I would definitely recommend the retreat to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation.

Date of stay: May 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views overlooking the mountains in the mornings.
Liked least: Step in the bedrooms
Management Response
May 26, 2015
We just loved having you Hazel and I hope you come back again and again.
G B
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hummingbirds at the feeders”
Reviewed April 7, 2015 for a stay in September 2014

Marvelous, private and a totally perfect stay. Everything worked as explained in the excellent directions. Hope to return....soon!

Date of stay: September 2014
Liked best: Solitude and Hummingbirds
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2015 for a stay in August 2014

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing