“Service? No!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

No "hostess" should leave a couple standing in the doorway for 15 minutes while she chats with other servers, answers the phone, sorts out bills, and walks past many empty tables several times. She could have sat us with a menu so we could be ready to order. No fewer than 4 different people stopped at our table to take our drink orders. There seemed to be lots of problems with who was in charge of what table. The menu seemed ambitious and was. The fish tacos were pretty bland. The salad was not bad. Desserts served in glasses might seem like a good idea but does not work with apple pie. I would not be in a hurry to go back here.

1  Thank TinaManley

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped here for lunch. The atmosphere is a quaint cafe type setting with excellent service. The server was very knowledgable of the menu and was prompt with everything.

The menu is full of surprises you wouldn't expect to see in a small town Resturant. There were so many excellent choices... It was hard to choose.

The food was excellent. We kept eyeballing every tray that went by and kept saying "I should have ordered that"!!

I recommend you stop at Shoe Booties while in Murphy. You won't be disappointed !!

2  Thank Kimberly C
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Im not sure why they offer martinis on the menu if they are disgusting to drink. Actually said to the bartender what is this and tell me what you put in it. Ordered another one and it was so strong I passed out at our cabin. They need to hire real bartenders.

1  Thank Jodibmonroe
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Absolutely love the quiche and fresh fruit as well as the homemade soups they make. Convenient to shopping in downtown.

1  Thank smootje
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had visited a local winery and asked for suggestions on a place to have lunch. We took one of the suggestions and walked to the town square and into the restaurant. I got the impression that a lot of downtown business people eat there for lunch, and perhaps it's more of a hangout after hours as well. Our meals were quite good, and the service was efficient, especially considering the fact that the restaurant was still almost full of folks having lunch despite it being almost 2:00 PM. That alone would tell me it's a pretty popular place to dine, and I'd guess they have a good dinner crowd as well. Prices are reasonable, especially for the quality and quantity of food. We didn't sample their drinks menu, but they advertise a number of drink specials that I'd guess are popular with their evening customers.