“Great Value On Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Main Street

Main Street
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Brasstown, NC
“Great Value On Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Honestly, I have probably eaten here hundreds of times. I would venture to guess the majority of their customers would say the same. Is it a place for foodies? No. Is it a place where you can eat a normal lunch or dinner for under $4? Very easily. Order at the counter, your food is brought to you, no tip is expected. Drinks are about a dollar. Meat and 3 available at lunch. FYI, no credit cards.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TedandKaren

Murphy, North Carolina
“Cheap cheap food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The prices for this place were awesome. The quality... Not so much . I recommend this place to anyone looking for an inexpensive lunch. Pass on the onion rings. We will try the indoor lunch special next time and hopefully change our minds about this place. Otherwise, clean and nice staff.

Murphy, North Carolina
“Best Burger In Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Order the Cheese Burger special for $2.99 that comes with fry's and a drink. Always good and cheap! The hot food bar is plenty and decent for the price! A local place for locals!

• Visited January 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good prices, good staff... creepy owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I actually enjoyed Main Street more before I happened to bump into the owner, who nestled into that rare "uncomfortably religious" zone. I got the definite feeling that if he knew much about me, he might try to smite me or something. It creeped me out and kept me from going back for a while. However, it is possible that I read him absolutely wrong and he's actually a stellar guy. All I can say for sure is it was super awkward.

The food, however, is good. The prices are great. ($3 for hamburger, drink, and fries!) They take cash only, which is a huge downside, but I suspect is how they manage to keep their prices so low, so I can respect that. Honestly, if you're around for lunch or breakfast, I do have to really recommend it. They do close early, however.

Visited August 2013