“More of a bar rather than a sportsbar restaurant.”
Review of Coach's Sportsbar and Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We should've "listened" to the TA rating #20 of #22, but we didn't, thinking because there was only 2 reviews (one good, one bad) maybe it was wrong....not! To begin, the hip hop/rap music was blaring, and really seemed to clash with the sports shows on the flat screens...the restroom was unkept...We ordered sweet teas...yuk! This sweet tea had been sitting out for a long time! We ordered fried pickles, only to be told they were out of pickles. The boys' cheeseburgers did taste really good, but they were frozen patties. The fries were over cooked. And The prices were quite ridiculous: for 2 burgers, fries, a SMALL house salad and three drinks, it cost $29!! On the bright side, the waiter was really nice; but We will never be back!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We love wings and have found that Coaches has the best wings around the Tri State area. They are even better than Hooters that are known for wings. The staff welcomes everybody when they come in the door, making them feel at home. Great atmosphere and we always have fun there. Thanks for the great food and service.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went to Coach's to watch a sporting event on a Saturday night with my wife, her parents, and a few friends. My wife is from Murphy and we were in town for a visit.

I was VERY disappointed in the level of service at this bar. The beer selection is limited, at best. I ordered an IPA beer which was named AND pictured on the Bottled beer list. My waitress returned with a draft beer, but assured me it was what I ordered. I tasted the beer and asked again if she was sure, which she said she was. I'm pretty knowledgeable about my beer, and this was not even close to an IPA.

Since I was on crutches at the time, my wife took the beer to the bar and asked about it. She was told by a bartender that the bar was out of the beer I had ordered. Without asking, they just sent a draft pale ale in place of my IPA!!!! When my wife asked for a replacement closer to what I had ordered, the MANAGER accused her of having an attitude! My wife is the General Manager of a fast casual chain restaurant. Of all people, she is very forgiving in a restaurant/bar because she understands the difficulties that can arise at time.

Needless to say, I will not be going back to Coach's. I'll stick to Chevelle's. Larry is the best chef in the area anyway.

2  Thank Ben G