“Best Mexican in town”
Review of La Palma - CLOSED

La Palma
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I used to frequent a few of the other Mexican restaraunts in town... but La Palmas is the only place for me now! I've gotten a bit used to expensive food in Murphy, but if you experiment with the menu, you can get a lot of bang for your buck, much more so than at other similar restaurants in the area. The food is delicious and fresh, and you can eat as much chips and salsa as you can possibly stuff into your mouth.

Honestly, though, the biggest recommendation for this restaurant I can give is the $1 beer drafts all day on Thursday! They're open until 10pm every day so you can stop in late, and you will NOT find $1 beef drafts ANYWHERE else in Murphy, period. The beer is crisp and the glasses are tall! I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stopped in here while shopping downtown Murphy. We just wanted to grab a quick snack. The waitress was sweet, and brought our drinks right away, as well as baskets of chips and salsa. The Salsa was great!! The roasted pepper salsa was a real treat! Our meals were served fast and they were delicious! The atmosphere was nice, and the whole place was very clean. I peeked into the kitchen, and it was spotless. My teenagers have been asking to go back. This was a great find for us, we will be returning.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Met our daughter and family here for late lunch one recent Sunday. Food was very good, expecially the roasted salsa. Menu is fairly typical of most Mexican restaurants in the South but was pretty extensive with lots of choices. Pancho's Special was very good, sauteed chicken and shimp with onions and melted cheese, sides of rice and refried beans, and a salad. Service was prompt and attentive. Menu listed lunch specials but none available on Sunday. The major drawback was the EXTREMELY LOUD music playing from a small cd player. Conversation was difficult. A request to lower the volume was granted but shortly after that it was raised again. Additionally, the bathrooms were very hot (no AC?) and smelly. Would probably eat there again if the music was softer.