“Sports environment with upscale food”
Review of Chevelles 66

Chevelles 66
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were staying in a mountain location without television reception so we drove into Murphy looking for a place where we could eat and watch football. Chevelles met this criteria nicely, but also gave us higher quality of food than one usually finds in a sports bar. The floor is concrete and the booth seats are hard so one can't stay all day, but certainly game time was filled with excellent food.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Chevelle's 66 in Murphy, NC is one of the best places that I have found for wings. They advertise a .40 cent wing Wednesday price and have several different heat ratings to choose from. Each, that I have tried, are the best that I have found and have a wonderful flavor, not just heat. They are cooked fresh while you wait and the atmosphere is really casual and relaxed with nice "classic car" theme. It is a must see and nestled in a little "Mayberry type" town of Murphy. If you love the small town feel and great food, especially wings, Chevelle's is a must for you! Be sure and order a few more wings than you really want because you're gonna want to take some home!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We came to Murphy to eat at No Name Deli, but, sadly, they were closed. We decided to try Chevelle's after leaving a restaurant/sports bar around the corner. (You can check that review, too) They had live music in thr front of the restaurant, which was really cool; the guy could actually sing well! Okay, I'm sorry to be lengthy to begin, but one of the waitresses was just comical in her approach to us...I entered the restaurant before my family did, and walked past the bar area, looking for a seat a little more "family friendly." The older waitress, who was not at the front, came to me and told me where the restrooms were. I responded by saying I wasn't looking for the restrooms, but should I just seat myself. She said,"No, you should not. I'll seat you." I asked if I could just have the corner booth, she said yes, but seemed put out that I hadn't allowed her to choose. My husband and two boys came in, and apparently she got offended again, because he told her he didn't need her to seat him and came to our table. She made it obvious the rest of the evening that she was avoiding us, even by her eye contact (even when she was serving the table in front of us!)! Lol!! Sorry, It was just funny to me...Anyway...The little waitress that waited on us was great, and she worked her tail off, even though the service was quite slow. The chicken nachos, chicken Caesar, stuffed shells with italian sausage and the kids' ice cream sundae and fudge brownie was great! Let me state again, everything was really, really good! The decor was pretty cool; there were a few places in the back that would be a little nicer if they'd shield the a/c unit and the unused breyers ice cream cooler, but overall, it was a nice theme. A lot of small towns, especially those who don't have much competition, just don't notice or even think about things like this. We did notice as we were leaving that it was becoming quite the "bar scene" (mentioned in another review); so if you have kids or don't want that atmosphere, I'd eat here before 9pm. We came in at 8:26, and we left at 9:25pm. Was it good? Yes. Would I travel out of my way to come back? Probably not.

1  Thank mgriz
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We really enjoy Chevelles in Murphy. It is a really laid back place and kind of a return to a bygone era. The food is good, large portions, and the waitresses excellent. It is very relaxing and friendly. I recommend it highly. Rodney Field

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very good service and a very tasty Burger. Lots of food you will not leave hungry. Our waitress Katie did a good job as well. If were r ever in the area again we will be back!