“Good Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Chevelles 66

Chevelles 66
Ranked #17 of 66 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a good meal here more than once. The restaurant atmosphere is fun. The service was okay, a little on the slower side. Overall a good place to eat!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Chevelles 66 in Murphy is our ever day "go to" place. They offer the best salads and daily specials, and their standard menu has something for everyone! Chicken Alfredo pasta is terrific, as is their Chevelles salad with black beans and feta cheese. Their sandwiches are also very satisfying for lunch, and their nachos are to die for. While we did not care for their chicken wings, as they are breaded (vs. grilled), that is about the only item on the menu we have not liked. By the way, they also make the best baked beans ever! I am not a baked beans fan, but these are really good. Service is good and the servers are always pleasant and knowledgeable about menu items. Good views of TVs no matter where you sit (for those sports fans).
Note: since we like Chevelles in Murphy so much, we went to the one in Hayesville. We did not care for that one - service was slow and food was only "okay".

Reviewed April 8, 2013

With a sports bar exterior, Chevelles in Murphy NC also serves very good food. The Chef is actually a chef instead of a short order cook and everything we have had (especially the roasted vegatables with mozzarella and balsamic reduction) was very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

You can easily bypass all of 'downtown' Murphy if it weren't for Chevelle's. Owner/Chef Larry Butler's restaurant and bar is the only gem in the whole town. The food is Outstanding, the drinks menu is the best in town, and the atmosphere is generally a lot of fun.

I've eaten at Chevelle's quite a few times and I've never been disappointed. I always try something new just because I want to see what Larry's latest hit is. Last time I was in there, I had salmon stuffed with a crab cake and it was incredible. It was topped with a delicious cream sauce and served with a side of roasted red potatoes. I had a great IPA beer that Larry recommended, but sadly, I can't remember exactly what it was.

Previously, I have had escargot, gravlox, pork pinwheel, and several grilled meat entrees at Chevelle's, and ALL of them were fantastic. I can always count on at least one or two beers on the menu that I haven't tried before and enjoy.

The staff is always great at Chevelle's. A lot of them are family and they all take pride in their service and overall quality of their product. Most weekends, you can find a band playing, and I'd say there are more 'hits' than 'misses' in the lineup.

If you are anywhere near Murphy, NC, give Chevelle's a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Live in area and never stopped in to this pub.Was surprised at the size and quality of diner.They had excellent service for an midweek lunch and burger was good and less costly than fast food junk places.Will return for band nites.