“Excellent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stopped in on a holiday weekend and while we were warned that we might have to wait for food, I found it to be quicker than I'd imagined. The food was much better than I had expected too, and while our server seemed a bit distracted, all and all it was a good experience and we will go again.

1  Thank donnalu46

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have tried to like this place. I really have. We have come here for dinner at least 3 or 4 times during 2012, but now I'm done. First time we came in January, service was slow. Very slow. Took forever to get our meal and the hot food was lukewarm at best. I think it must have sat in the pass back at the kitchen for a while before our chatty server stopped texting long enough to go pick it up. Second visit was in May. Food was extremely greasy. Third visit in July, we both got burgers and fries. Figured it would be hard to screw those up. Oh, I was wrong. I don't know why they bother to ask how I'd like my burger cooked because it's always well done, to the point of almost being burned. They give you condiments in those little packets. I noticed the mayo had a pink tint to it (the packets are not refrigerated). I sampled a tad on my finger and it was rancid. We asked for fresh buns and some mayo from the refrigerator. The final and last visit was a couple of weeks ago in August. Again, we got burgers and sandwiches. Again, we were served mayo in the little foil packet. This time it looked OK and tasted OK, so I took a chance. I cannot say if it was the mayo, the lettuce or tomato, or something else, but I would up sick as a dog in the middle of the night. This is the second time at two different restaurants in Murphy that I have gotten ill after eating. I am beginning to think that staying home and cooking my own meals is the way to go.

Also who in their right mind would combine a clothing store into a restaurant? Can you imagine how those clothes smell after being exposed to all the grease and other food odors in the room? What an insane idea!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Had to write this after reading the previous review. We have a cabin in Murphy and enjoy it due to the number of excellent restaurants in the area. Chevelle's atmosphere is very casual, but the food is very good. Compared to Atlanta prices, the cost is reasonable and I can't believe New York prices are lower. Go for a good meal, some good prices, but don't expect to have someone hovering over your table. Try one of the daily specials for even more bang for your buck!!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The atmosphere and theme are more of a tavern or sports bar. Casual dining... It didn't impress me as somewhere for a family dinner or quiet conversation.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

They make you feel like a friend here and the food is great for a fair price. Try the 9.99 prime ribe or a Sat. Night Maine lobster. My wife always goes for the Salmon Salad with Balsomic Pesto dressing. I think they have colder beer than any place else

1  Thank BigFrank28906