“Awesome Little Getaway!!”

WagonMaster Ranch Fun Park & Gem Mine
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Murphy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Closed until March 1ST. We are an affordable, PET FRIENDLY family fun park on 60 acres in the Appalachian mountains. The activities are designed for the WHOLE family promoting a no-tech, rustic, theme for adults, groups, and families to make special memories. There's mini golf, gem mining, gold panning, skeet shooting, wagon rides, boat charter tours on Lake Apalachia, and target galleries for paintball. No one gets shot at - you shoot at ghost town targets. "Just for kids" includes the bounce castle, mini race track, and a free playground. There's shady picnic areas, a large event pavilion for 100 guests, and cabins on site. Plan a weekend wedding or family union that will make lifetime memories. Have a batchelor party at the skeet range and a bridal party on the double decker pontoon boat. NEW in 2018: an old fashioned, spring fed swimming hole and a fishing pond. It's out in the country, but it's worth the beautiful drive to get there.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff is some the friendliest people I have ever met. Even though they are off the beaten path it is worth the drive. Very private and peaceful. We look forward to staying again!

The Lyons's

1  Thank mdrabon
Debbie1166723, Owner at WagonMaster Ranch Fun Park & Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Hello Lyons Family! We really appreciate you taking time out to share your experience here at WagonMaster. We're Very glad you came, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We consistently have the nicest people in the world as our guests, so it makes our "job" a fun day every day. God Bless! Deb & Jim Rodby

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Thank you Jim and Debby for a wonderful day filled with unique things to do at great rates. Both girls(10 yrs old) really enjoyed the geming and gold panning. Thank you also for looking for and returning our lost bracelet. We got it yesterday in the mail. We enjoyed getting to know you and will recommend your ranch as a "must see" thing to do with the family while visiting Murphy, NC!!!

Also, we found the waterfall (North Shoals Fall) - quite the trek but worth the view.
Thanks for the article and directions.

Take care - God bless you!

1  Thank Donna835
Debbie1166723, Owner at WagonMaster Ranch Fun Park & Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you, Donna, for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad we were able to find the bracelet. You guys are just the nicest family - it was a pleasure spending time with you. Glad you had a successful adventure to the falls. Hope to see you again. Take care and God Bless. Jim & Debbie Rodby

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We took our church youth group to the Wagonmaster Ranch Camping! It was an awesome experience. They were just like family, and treated us as if we were family! Extremely clean, Paintball, airsoft, wagon ride, campfires, music, and great Christian Fun! Very close to the Fields of the Wood Bible Park! I would Recommend this park to anyone! Just can't say enough good things!! A must do again! All my youth want to go back next year!!!

1  Thank Tredden
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thanks for the great review, Teresa. I have told other campers how you guys were such pros, you even had the 3-pullout drawers for kitchen supplies. It was so great meeting ya'll, and it seemed like saying goodbye to family when you all left. What a wonderful group of teenagers you have. I wish everyone could see how inspiring it is with the youth groups that come here. I hope you are all able to come back next year, including Mike, Wendell, Frank, and the gang......especially I hope ya'll make homemade icecream again. And don't let David come without his guitar. We love ya'll. Deb & Jim

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My Grandson (15 yrs old) and I stayed in the Loft Cabin for 4 days this past week Very pleased with it! The owners, Jim and Debbie, live on the Ranch and make you feel like family. They're fantastic folks. My Grandson really enjoyed the two different shoot houses and we both got a kick out of the gem mining. The owners have put many years of hard work to make the visitors' experiences very enjoyable and memorable. The surrounding area had beautiful scenery as well as many attractions like the Lost Sea, the Cherohala Skyway, waterfalls, etc. Had an amazing trip that my Grandson and I will remember for a lifetime. We're already planning another trip back.
FIVE STAR PLUS Rating. Highly Recommended.

Garry and Brandon
Raeford, NC

2  Thank Garry D
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Wow Garry! Thanks for the really nice review. Let me also thank you for being 1st rate guests. What a special treat when ya'll told us about the great hamburger place in Tellico - and then treated us to their hamburgers! And the morning you just pitched in and helped with the line of kids gem mining - YOU and BRANDON were helping like family would do. We feel so blessed to have met such fine people like you and your VERY smart grandson! We look forward to the next time you make it over to our side of the state. In the meantime, I hope you are working on that book I want to read. Take care and God Bless. Jim & Deb Rodby

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Two years ago, while on vacation we just happen to stumble upon the Wagonmaster Adventure Ranch by chance. We had a great time mining for rocks and gems.
This vacation we decided to make the Wagonmaster Ranch out base of operations for our whole trip. The location provides for a short trip to many other great attractions in three states. We stayed in the Cozy Cabin at the Wagonmaster for 6 nights and had an absolute blast! We played putt-putt golf, shot paint balls at the best (most unique) static target display I've ever seen, more gem mining, and something I've always wanted to try…Gold panning! It was fun and educational Additionally, we enjoyed the wagon ride more than we expected. It’s just plain beautiful in that part of the country.
Debbie and Jim, the owners and operators are the BEST!! The facilities are super clean and neat and the property is well maintained. They never let us forget that we were on vacation and extended every effort imaginable to assure we had a fantastic time. They are very knowledgeable of there crafts and Project a relaxed but caring attitude toward all the guests. Shoot! They even told us a couple of secret fishing spots where we actually caught some nice fish. I could go on, but instead I’ll finish by saying, the Wagonmaster Ranch is an absolutely great place for a family vacation, for a day or a week!!!
Mike & Kim Oakley
Tampa Florida

1  Thank Michael O
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Hi Kim & Mike - Thank you for the nicest, nicest, nicest review. We just loved having ya'll and becoming friends during your stay. It was so great that you stayed long enough that we could really get to know each other. Mike had such great ideas and knows so much about fixing things and Kim, you know so much about making jewelry - we learned alot from you guys. Plus you got to do the fishing and sight seeing and all the things here too. We're glad you had a great time, and we had a wonderful time being your hosts. We really look forward to your next visit whenever you can get back this way. Take care, God bless, and Happy trails. Deb & Jim