“Stellar service, food, and value.”
Review of Murphy's Chophouse

Murphy's Chophouse
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Murphy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Murphy's Chop House and will definitely go back again. They had an excellent Monday night special which offered us a 2 for $30 Prime Rib meal. The prime rib was prepared exactly as we asked, their were a variety of sides to choose from and the special also included an attractively presented crème brulee dessert to share ending a delectable meal with a sweet touch. We ate in a variety of restaurants in Murphy this week, and are delighted to have this as a new vacation favorite. The interior of the restaurant has a nice quiet ambience.

1  Thank phototango
There are newer reviews for Murphy's Chophouse

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The fried green tomatoes were awesome, the beer was cold, the rest of the food was good. But the ribs, supposedly their specialty, were pretty bad. They were tough.

In all fairness, I showed up late on a weeknight. I probably caught them off-guard. The staff is super friendly, so I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We've been to this restaurant 4 times in our visit to the Muphy area to see friends.
Each time we have thought this a wonderful restaurant, whether for lunch or dinner.
The dishes have unique qualities that are very delicious. This time I had sirloin
steak with a whiskey and balsamic sauce that was terrific. Fresh yellow squash and
zuchinni vegetable mix that was so good I wish I'd had the nerve to ask the chef for
the recipe! The "gold mashed potatoes" were the best mashed potatoes I've very tasted,
and worth every caloric bite!
The house red caberet wine an excellent wine with my dinner.
Dinner on their patio was crowning touch for a delightful dining experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It looks like most reviewers will disagree with me. Chophouse used to be one of our favs when coming to Murphy. Last night the service was slow and the food was terrible. My husband had pork medallions which are supposed to be thinly sliced pieces of pork. He received a dried up hunk of pork with a bone sticking out served over burnt onions rings. My potato was so cold the butter would not melt. The waitress had only 2 tables and could not refill our drinks or remove dirty dishes . Her tip reflected that. I expect more from a supposedly upscale restaurant. Won`t go back.

1  Thank tampale
James R, Owner at Murphy's Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

I'm sorry to hear to that your husband did not enjoy his dining experience at Murphy's Chophouse. We work hard to ensure our guests are satisfied with our products and services. I wish you would have expressed your concerns that evening rather than telling the manager that everything was fine. We could have prepared another dish for your husband. The dish he had is actually two preparations of pork as the menu states. One being an "osso buco" which has a bone in it and the other a medallion of center cut pork loin. Your baked potato should have been hot but I'm glad it was immediately replaced with a correct one upon your request. We do offer complimentary refills on our beverages but the server reports that all attempts to offer refills were declined. I hope you decide to give us another try as I'm sure we will remain "one of your favs" when visiting Murphy.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you love beautiful scenery, the trip to Murphy is so enjoyable. Once arriving at the Chop House the enjoyment continues. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere wonderful and the food is YUMMY!!! Crab Legs on Friday all you can eat, Fish and Chips on Friday lunch for 5.99. This place is the best!!!!