“Just Gross!”

Walter's Grill
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant is the longest running business in Murfreesboro. We have been open since 1943. We are famous for our hot dog chili and our real hamburgers! W make our own chicken salad, potata salad, and cole slaw! We serve homestyle southern cooking! You will find lots of locals and lots of history here. We hope you will come on in and give us a try! we look forward to seeing y'all!
Murfreesboro, North Carolina
“Just Gross!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I took my kids there because we love sandwich type places. First of all, The place is filthy! The tables were grimy, the menus had ketchup on them and the utensils were dirty. We didn't say anything about the forks because we ordered "finger foods" . I ordered a Turkey club. ANY restuarant that I've eaten at always puts mayo on the club or leave it plain and gives you the mayo to put it on. This sandwich had some disgusting chunky, pickled junk that was just nasty. They should note that they use something other than mayo .My kids both ordered chili dogs with fries. The fries were over cooked and saturated with grease. The chili was geasy and nasty. They both ate 1 bite of each and we left.Even they thought the food was disgusting, and they're kids! I will NEVER set foot in there again! These people who say that it's great do not know what good food is and must not venture out of this po-dunk town! Just nasty! I should have known by the cleanliness that I should have never even ordered food but I thought I'd give it a try. NEVER AGAIN!
"

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Donna K
donna w, Manager at Walter's Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2016
Dear Donna, I do appreciate you taking the time to review. I wish you would have let you server know your utensils were dirty, we gladly we would have replaced them. I apologized no one explained we also put our homemade chicken salad on our club as well as the traditional ingredients. Perhaps if you are around again you will give us another chance.

Murfreesboro, North Carolina, United States
“Great local dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Be sure to try the chicken and rice soup. It is a seasonal favorite. If

1 Thank Lou A
Washington Nc
“Great small town Diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

My wife and I dined here today and really enjoyed it! My wife ordered their Club Sandwich and Onion Rings. I sampled the Club and it was one of the best Club sandwiches I have ever had. My wife liked the onion rings also. I ordered a regular Hot Dog and a cup of Chicken and Rice soup. My Hot Dog was one of the best I have tasted. The owner made us feel welcomed and was very helpful in our selection of food. We will return again.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Trueeasterner
Greenville, North Carolina
“Local Flavor at Walter's Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Local joints are what we like to find and Walter's Grill fits that bill. It is "down home" eastern NC home cooking. Our party all ordered many different items from meatloaf to country ham and enjoyed our meal. The service was fine and the decor was hometown diner style.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank DeeDeeNC070
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The BEST bbq and chicken...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2007

The BEST bbq and chicken salad ever!!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook