“Charming Bed & Breakfast”

Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Holly
Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mount Holly B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed in the Hummingbird Room at Robin's Nest in the cute little town of Mt. Holly. My room and adjoining bathroom were spotless and cutely decorated in shabby chic decor. Robin, the innkeeper, could not be more accommodating and helpful. She has anticipated a guest's every need and provides hot and cold beverages, homemade afternoon snacks, and advice and information about nearby attractions and restaurants. Both breakfasts I had were fabulous and quite filling, served on antique china. The inn and grounds are charming and located near the downtown area of Mt. Holly. I would definitely recommend this bed & breakfast if you are looking for a relaxing get-away close to Charlotte, NC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Cathyle

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am not sure why the one reviewer was not happy. This was a great experience for us. We went to Coca Cola 600 over Memorial Day 2013 and stayed here. Robin cooks an amazing full breakfast and schedules according to your need to depart. We ate at 9:00 and at 7:00. Full breakfast with banana pancakes, fresh fruit, egg souffle, bacon, sausage, coffee and juice. We met great people--one couple who had been coming back for 15 years or so. Robin is very into birds and has bird feeders and bird decorations everywhere. Location is quiet and yet we got to everywhere in half hour or less, including the Speedway. Robin can recommend some great local restaurants or you can go downtown to some excellent restaurants. Would stay again and will when we come back to race--hopefully next year. I told Robin that for the service and food, her prices are probably too low. Great for couples or romantic getaway. Wish we lived a little closer.

Room Tip: I don't think you can pick a bad room. We looked at all of them on a day we were there alone an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jekbride
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Robin's Nest gave us a comfortable place to stay. Her B&B was clean, but cluttered. Our room was small and had magazines that were decades old. Robin was accommodating but had too long of a to-do list. The gardens were over-grown but could a real addition to this property. The breakfast was fine and the coffee was a highlight. For the price, this B&B was a disappointment.

Room Tip: The hummingbird suite is quite small but has a nice-sized bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan J
Hudson2222, Owner at Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear you had a disappointing stay. If you stayed recently, as I am guessing, you probably did find an unkept garden (that used to be my pride and joy) and a few things needed to be uncluttered, as I have had a stressful time with a mother on her death bed and a dad who needs care. I pride myself on repeat guests for 15 years. Nearly a week goes by without a repeat.

The only room I have that is small is the Hummingbird Rm. and I usually let folks know that it is small (if we have a phone conversation for the booking), and many think is a value for $89 per night, with a full breakfast and afternoon dessert, wifi connection and satellite TV. There are 2 sitting rooms downstairs to spread out in if the room feels too small.

The point with the older magazines is a good one. I will surely purge and try to keep more up-to-date.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed a night during our spring break while we were traveling to Myrtle Beach. This was the best experience! We were so pleasantly surprised by the large bedroom, bathroom, and sitting rooms. Breakfast was incredible, and Robin had every thing that we needed for snacks and drinks the night before, too. We would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoleneG745
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed there over the weekend of January 18, 2013. It was a wonderful experience. Robin directed us to a wonderful restaurant and cooked our choice for breakfast. (5 star breakfast.) The WIFI worked well. The house was built in 1914 and was in remarkably good shape. If you like birds, at one time there were 12 cardinals at the feeders.
Would recommend the property to anyone.

Room Tip: Try and have the room with the Tub or the other large room. Did not see the others, but those two w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler0013
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Robin is friendly and wonderfully accommodating. The house is a quaint, 100 year old place with beautiful gardens and lots of charm. Her breakfast was generous and delicious. We had a relaxing, enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank allison w
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here three separate times and loved every stay. My wife likes a clean place and Robin's Nest rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Robin provides night-time coffee and cookies for her guests and her full breakfasts are great, both in quality, taste, and quantity. Robin's room prices are lower than most other B&Bs. I have paid over $149 a night for the same type of quality B&B similar to Robins. I have no negatives to share, and have only positive things to say of my stay at this B&B. For overall price, Robin's is the best buy in the Charlotte, NC area. We will always stay here when in the Charlotte area. Robin is also a very nice person to deal with.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John A

Been to Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!