“Unexpected charm and relaxation”

Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Holly
Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mount Holly B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We made reservations at Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast because it was so conveniently located to the Charlotte Airport. Robin, the innkeeper was so friendly and helpful, making our visit a real joy. The sounds of all the birds singing in the yard and the soothing fountain in the pond outside our window made for a very relaxing stay. Robin's breakfast was very tasty as were her wonderful homemade lemon cookies. We will definitely stay here again when our travels bring us to Charlotte.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PillHillers

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We spent two nights at Robin's Nest on a vacation touring the Charlotte area. There's not too much going on in Mount Holly (a few small restaurants that close early), but Belmont is only a 15 minute drive (highly recommended) and it's very convenient to several highways. Our room, the Bluebird Suite, was spacious and cozy (slept sooo well), and Robin's breakfasts were amazing. The house and the grounds are lovely and so was Robin! I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank archaeosteph301
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Robin's Nest for 4 nights over the Christmas holidays. We have stayed in several B&B's, and this one proved to be one of the best. All of the positive comments made by past reviewers were true. The Robin's Nest has all of the qualities that provide for a great stay (beautiful property/room, comfortable bed, delicious breakfast, and excellent service). But there were some additional details that really made an impression on me. For example, there was freshly brewed coffee right outside our room every morning. I could drink as many cups as I wanted in my room before going down to breakfast. In addition, there were always fresh baked goodies available. It is easy to tell that Robin (the owner) is very passionate about her business and her passion shows through in her attention to detail. Each morning we had something different for breakfast. It was always hearty and delicious. Robin made sure that she didn’t serve anything that we wouldn’t like.

This was our first trip to Charlotte and Robin helped us a lot with directions, logistics, etc. The Robin's Nest is located in Mount Holly, which is about 12 miles outside of Charlotte, but it is worth the drive. The surroundings are peaceful and you can wake up every morning to the sight and sound of birds as they visit the many feeders surrounding the property.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMC65
Reviewed November 21, 2009

My sister and I ended up stranded in Mount Holly one evening after a blown out tire on the freeway. We didn't know the area or anyone in it, no service stations were open because it was Sunday and we had no where to stay. The Robin's Nest rose out of a day of bad luck and endless complications and turned a bad experience into a wonderful night's stay. Robin's husband actually found us a new tire and replaced it himself in the morning while Robin served us the best breakfast I've ever had in my life. We were very blessed to have encountered such warm, loving people in such a situation. My sister and I appreciate their hospitality and genuine concern to no end. I have recommened this establishment to my family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank roanoke2009
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I needed a getaway and Robin's Nest was the perfect place! The rooms are very cozy and clean. The breakfast was delicious! Robin is a wonderful hostess! I will definitley stay again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Margie38
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Blue Jay room of Robin's Nest B&B while in town for a wedding, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From the delicious, home cooked breakfast to the afternoon fresh baked treats and warmth of a fresh pot of coffee right outside the room each morning, we were very pleased with this choice of B&B. Thank you Robin for your kind hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is our second visit to Robin's Nest and for good reason. The first visit left us with a memorable impression of a gorgeous piece of property within sight of quaint little downtown Mount Holly, NC.

Robin (the owner) is an innkeeper that seems to have one goal and that is to make sure her guests are comfortable and well fed before starting their day.

My fiance and I love staying at B&B's. Rarely do we stay at the same one twice. Usually because we enjoy visiting new places, but since Mt. Holly is close to family, this will be a regular stop for us in the future.

Robin's Nest is a four story home, with all guest rooms on the second floor. The entire home has what I think are 14 foot ceilings with beautiful crown and baseboard moulding. The enitre home has old, well-taken-care-of, hard wood floors and an obvious homage to birds. We last stayed in the Hummingbird room that overlooks the gardens at the back of the house.

Each morning fresh brewed coffee is ready and waiting outside your bedroom door. It is so nice having a robust cup of coffee while getting ready and not having to tromp downstairs to get it. She also offers a nice selection of tea if you prefer. Breakfast is always something different, at least for us. For a couple of healthy, but not picky, eaters...we have always been pleased. Not your standard fare of eggs and bacon or pancakes. Robin makes delicious items you just would not think of yourself or care to take the time to make yourself. She takes the time.

I can't say enough good about Robin or her nest. If your in the Charlotte area, stay with her. She is about 15 minutes from Charlotte Douglas Int'l Airport. She is only 10 minutes from the NC Whitewater Center, between Charlotte and Belmont.

Visit her site and make plans to visit.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!