“Good hotel for a quick stay”

Best Western Bryson Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed overnight here on our way to Georgia. Beds were comfortable, room very clean. They also had an outdoor swimming pool. My only complaint was there was no refrigerator in the room and we had medication that needed that. Also, most Best Westerners give a very good breakfast. This one was very poor.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChristyONeal, General Manager at Best Western Bryson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

I am happy that you enjoyed our rooms and the pool, we strive hard to make your stay enjoyable and clean. As for the refrigerator in the room, I am working on that. At this point our King rooms are the only ones with refrigerators. Yes my breakfast is continental, with waffles, boiled eggs and yogurt, with out a kitchen I am unable to have bacon, scrambled eggs, and biscuits. We do offer a 10% discount at Brintle's Homestyle Restaurant in the lower parking lot.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The beds and the pillows were very comfortable. I ended up buying one of the new pillows when I left. I wouldn't recommend eating at the truck stop buffet below we walked in ,sat down and walked out. It was dirty and smelled awful. We ate at The Copper Pot instead. The waitresses were friendly and the food was decent.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi, I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, we want you to be comfortable and enjoy your stay. I am very sorry about your experience in the restaurant and I have forwarded your info to our restaurant manager and she is very concerned, and should be in touch with you. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Friendly staff, very nice room with a king bed. Room was very large. With a small fridge, micro-wave. For families returning from Myrtle Beach this is a night place to spend the night before you continue on home. We have already booked another stay.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for the great review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We did ask to see the rooms first before we checked in. Rooms looked clean and beds were comfortable. Woman at front desk was a little indifferent at first. Outdoor pool was nice but we didn't use it for long it started to rain. No laundry facility which was inconvenient. Rugs need to be clean, feet were dirty walking on rugs. Only options for food in walking distance was a travel center.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
ChristyONeal, General Manager at Best Western Bryson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

I am glad you choose to stay with us but you seem a bit disappointed. First of all, I do apologize for the carpet, we have been replacing the rooms with new carpet but we haven't gotten finished yet, hopefully we will finish that soon. As for the travel center, we have a wonderful restaurant in the center and they have great food, it has a full menu to choose from or you can do the buffet, and if you are in a hurry we have a to go buffet in the actual travel store. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

A great stay, good room, clean room, quiet. A good restaurant across the street ----"Copper Kettle has great HOME MADE chocolate pie. This is also near Mount Airy -- Andy Griffith's home town -- and some beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much, I hope too see you in future.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed here to visit Mt. Airy. It is not right in town but just a few miles away. It is older but clean with comfortable bed, and a good shower. Breakfast is the usual buffet that is more than continental but less than the big buffets with everything. Places to eat near by.

Room Tip: We liked being on the first floor with our car right outside the door. No elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with a good nights rest, we have all rooms with brand new beds and they seem to be very comfortable. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

great place that accommodated our every need. we are a bus company that often does multiple bus/driver moves. this was the perfect location for the move that we were doing. the hotel staff was extremely courteous and caring to our needs.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Thank And Tours/ Paul... B

Thank you Paul, I am glad we were able to do business and I will be happy to help you out in the future. If you are ever in the area again, give me a call and lets see what we can do. I am glad you guys enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Best Western Bryson Inn? Share your experiences!