“Nostalgic and old fashioned”
Review of Mayberry Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Mayberry Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Huntington Station
“Nostalgic and old fashioned”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We really liked this place because it reminded us of the old style motor inns and having just come from the Andy Griffith Museum it was a perfect fit. The room was comfortable and clean. We didn't visit the Aunt Bee room but loved the idea that there is such a thing. The breakfast was sparse and could be greatly improved by adding some fresh fruit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sue K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sand Springs Ok
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and grandkids, my wife being a big Andy Griffith fan. The room was comfortable and clean, but just an average size and quality. The breakfast was minimal, packaged rolls, coffee and some fruit. The grounds were very relaxing and well maintained, but we didn't get to try out the pool, which looked very clean. The staff was quite friendly and of course, helpful with anything related to the Andy Griffith Show. My wife intended to look at the Aunt Bea room, but somehow missed it. I could have found a cheaper room at one of the chains in town, but would have missed the Mayberry related ambiance.

3 Thank sstraveler
Doylestown, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed one night traveling back to Ohio. Extremely neat and clean. Very comfortable beds, very clean, up to date. Looks like you are back in the 1960's. There is an Aunt Bea room with many items she collected through the years while on the Andy Griffith Show. The vintage sheriff car and Emmit's fix it truck parked in front are cool. Nice place to stay while visiting Mt. Airy.

3 Thank Tom M
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed one night BFF's,Cleanest motel they have stayed in on vacations in a while, saw Aunt Bea's room, met Mrs. Alma and her lovely daughter. Felt so welcomed and safe, No complaints, slept so well, I checked the Mattress, got to have one! Ready for another road trip, after this one, Great time staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jackie N
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I hate writing this review because I liked this place, but they really let me down. I brought a group of motorcyclists here for a night. We made our reservations 3 months on advance and everyone in our group had a confirmation. My husband and I booked a King room. 2 other couples also booked king rooms. The motel clerk called us @10pm the night before to see if we still planned on staying at the motel. We thought that was really strange, we're they planning on giving away our room? When we arrived they changed our room to 2 doubles. Another couple also had their room changed to a double, but the worst thing was a third couple was told they did not have a room at all. Even with the confirmation in hand the hotel manager said sorry we don't have a room left. They allowed other guests to extend their stay without realizing they were coming up short on rooms. This is completely unacceptable. Reservations don't mean anything to this motel anymore. I'm sorry to say I will not return to this motel

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank GLrider
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night in June and really liked it! The room was nice, clean, and afforadable The people who run the hotel were very friendly and if we go back to Mt. Airy, we will definitely be staying here.

3 Thank Jlynn73
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night...rooms are not big but they are very clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very small but enough for your needs and it was clean and rust free. Price was responsable and they gave AAA discount. Would stay here again if we ever pass through.

• Stayed June 2013
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain

Been to Mayberry Motor Inn? Share your experiences!