“Clean, comfortable, convenient - we will be back!”
Review of Mayberry Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Mayberry Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Ohio
“Clean, comfortable, convenient - we will be back!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here on our way down the North Myrtle beach. We felt welcomed and very comfortable here. The Wi-Fi worked great - even at the pool! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are nice (come with dorm style refrigerator and microwave) and clean, and the continental breakfast was more than I expected. Our travelers were ages 6 - 72. Everyone enjoyed it and we know we'll stay here year after year! There are nice restaurants to choose from that surround the motel area too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank amy21974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chillicothe, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We are staying here actually right now and it is like a home away from home.. They treat you like they have known you for years.. The room is comfortable and the beds are great totally satisfied with staying here. Service is outstanding .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank pattid49
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I spent our first wedding anniversary at the Mayberry Motor Inn over the Memorial Day weekend. We found a home away from home during our stay here. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a college size refrigerator, microwave, tv and comfy beds, the grounds are beautiful and very well groomed with a gazebo you would love to have in your own backyard. Definitely a taste of Mayberry. Squad Car and Emmit's Fix It Truck proudly displayed near the office. Ms. Alma 'aka' Aunt Bea the owner and her staff are wonderful, helpful, informative and very friendly. We also visited the Historic Town of Mount Airy and had a wonderful time with the Squad CarTour, eating the Famous Pork Chop Sandwich at Snappy Lunch, walking the sidewalk visiting alot of the stores and later Walker's Soda Fountion where we ran into Art Fettig 'aka' Almost Andy "Andy Griffith" look a like from the Matlock series.Went to the Earle Theatre to see a show starring Jake Thorne 'aka' John Wayne, and visited the Andy Griffith Museum. We had plenty of picture taking opportunities everywhere we went. Conclusion, when in Mount Airy we will stay at Mayberry Motor Inn and would recommend it to anyone. Thank Ms Alma and Staff. Ed and Marcy.

Room Tip: If you drink coffee, take a coffee maker. The rooms do not have one, but it did not matter to us.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ed4Marcy
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed June 20, 2012

You don't have to like or even remember the Andy Griffith Show to visit Mount Airy, but it definitely helps. The town's economy, which seems to be derived entirely from tourists nostalgic for that long-ago sitcom (which went off the air in 1968), does not seem sustainable. Right now, however, it's doing just fine. Although I feel no emotional attachment to the show, I chose the Mayberry Motor Inn anyway, and I'm glad I did. It's a superb example of the old horizontal "motor court" style of motel, very popular a half century ago but now all but extinct. I was traveling alone, and my room, which contained one queen bed, was small but refreshingly clean and comfortable. Everything worked. There is plenty of Andy Griffith memorabilia in the office area but none in the room, which suited me just fine. Service was friendly and welcoming, and the outdoor pool inviting and well-kept. I felt I received excellent value for the money, and the place is easy to find. I'll stay here again whenever I return to Mount Airy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Eustorgio
Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while my son was on spring break. It is very clean and well kept. The people are very nice. while we were there, my son made a bird house from a kit and gave it to the owner. We love visiting the area and having breakfast in town. We also visited Pilot mountain and took some beautiful pictures. We have visited many times and plan many return trips in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank jakki617
Kendall Park, New Jersey
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I suppose a lot of people stay here for the nostalgia, but the hotel has nice rooms, grounds, a pool, fridge & microwave in room, and it was fairly reasonable to stay. There's a lot of restaurants across the street & downtown. Right on the main road so it's easy to get to. Parts of the driveway are named after characters in the Andy Griffith Show, and Barney's police car and an old truck are parked in front. Goober's Restaurant and Aunt Bee's Restaurant are across the street, along with a mall. The front desk folks were very nice and were not out-of-place for the time-frame. If you are in the North Carolina wine country, give this place a try.

Room Tip: If all the rooms were like ours, take your pick.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gjcooper7007
Morgantown, Wv
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The Mayberry Motor Inn proved to be a great little place for an overnight stay. The price is most reasonable and the rooms are clean. My friend and I stopped here and we were satisfied with a 2 double bed room. It's not a 4 star place but we didn't pay the price for all that posh. The cons are few: breakfast is poor to non-existant. No coffee maker in room. I walked over to get us coffees and found cellophane wrapped danishes and coffee too cold to drink. There is a McDonalds just down the road as well as some home made food eateries. For the price and for the cleanliness we were comfortable, safe, and had a good night's rest. Very friendly staff. I was able to use the wireless service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain

Been to Mayberry Motor Inn? Share your experiences!