“Love Mount Airy!”

Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 15, 2008

The one week stay at Sobotta Manor was perfect. Comments include - the best bed, the best pillows, the most perfect grounds, and perfect service and hosts. Mount Airy is our favorite and we loved Sobotta Manor!

Missoula Children's Theatre was hired for a one week residency in Mount Airy by the Surry Arts Council/Andy Griffith Playhouse. Sobotta Manor is only a couple of blocks away from the Andy Griffith Playhouse and downtown Mount Airy. The location is also "the best"! for us and we are so appreciative of such incredible accomodations!!!

Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed July 4, 2008

We had a very satisfying stay here for 2 nights. The room was very comfortable, the breakfasts were outstanding! Robin and Junior were very attentive to our needs and very entertaining. The garden is absolutely beautiful and very peaceful.

Reviewed June 30, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed two wonderful days at Sobotta Manor. Inside and out, the home and yard are beautiful, elegant, clean, and relaxing. There are no words to adequately describe the exquisite three course gourmet breakfasts. We enjoyed our short stroll to downtown Mt Airy, and visiting in the shops with the friendly "Mayberry" folks. We were able to visit wineries in the area with ease, chauffeured by our host. On a scale of one to five, the hosts of Sobotta deserve a 10! Their attention to every detail made our stay most memorable. Clayton and Cher also welcomed and entertained us.

Reviewed June 21, 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Sobotta Manor. The rooms and grounds were immaculate. The breakfast was fantastic. The inn keepers made you feel right at home. It was a truly relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2008

My wife and I had a great stay at this B&B. The location is quaint and Mt. Airy is a cute little town. Robin is a wonderful host and even better chef. We would highly recommend a stay here.

Reviewed June 16, 2008

I was looking for a special way to suprise my wife for our 34th wedding anniversary and I found the Sobatto Manor. Since my wife loves the Andy Griffith Show, this made my chose easy. After seeing the house on line, I knew it would be perfect for my surprise. Robin made everything even easier. She made dinner reservations for us at a great resturant. The town is great.
My wife really enjoyed seeing all the sights of Mt. Airy. But the best part was staying at the Sobotta Manor. If you are ever in the area, please stay there. You'll love the way each room has it's own character. Robin's attention to detail really shows her love for the house and what she does to make each guest feel special. I'd give the Sobotta Manor 5 Stars""!!!! Thanks for a great time. Roy and Carolyn from Spartanburg ,South Carolina

Reviewed June 14, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a beautful and relaxing weekend at Sobotta Manor. The Innkeepers are wonderful, entertaining and down to earth people. The home is lovely, warm and welcoming. Breakfast each morning was delicious and served as though you are in a five star hotel. The innkeepers shared some history of the home which was quite interesting. They also provided information concerning the town and surrounding area and were happy to make reservations and give directions to all of the restuarants and points of interest in Mt. Airy. I would highly recommend the Sobotta Manor to those planning a trip to the area.

Stayed: June 2008