“Don't waste your Money - Place stinks literally”

Knights Inn Mt Airy-Mayberry
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Moorefield, West Virginia
“Don't waste your Money - Place stinks literally”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I would not recommend any one staying here at all.. I had to buy disinfecting wipes and a magic eraser to clean the bathtub. Totally gross. The smell from the air conditioner was sickening, my daughter had breathing problems every time we were in the room which believe me was a little as possible, we even cut our vacation a day early beacuse we couldn't stand to be in there one more minute. My seven year old son said Mom this place is a dump.. I totally agree... What a waste of money.... Never Again.. The maid entered our room I don't know what for, there was food under neath the bed, dust and dirt all over.. I made my kids leave their shoes on. I didn't dare unpack anything..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank darbyjean35

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Old and worn, the place doesn't have much going for it. VERY expensive for what it offers -- $40/night would be about right and it cost almost double that. It is barely acceptable for a night; I wouldn't stay for anything more than that.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank adl55
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I checked in around 2 and was ready to leave by 2:05 but was to tired to deal with getting a refund. I paid $56.99 for the night, I should of slept in my vehicle. The bathroom was very dated, the tank cover was 3 times to big and the size of the bathroom was a joke. The cover fell off the a/c slash heater and I just left it where it fell. The roll out chair was just nasty and the bad thing is all it would of took was housekeeping to wipe a wet rag over it, dust and a few cheetos was crammed in it. There is only 2 good things I can say about this place. It had good water pressure and the bed was comfortable but thank goodness I carry my own comforter with me cause the ones on the bed had a real "funk" to them. If you stay here I would bring lysol.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Tammy O
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stayed here many times when I go Home. Great price. No real ammenities to write home about. comfortable bed and hot shower and cabel TV. Wife enjoyed the pool during the summer time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank curtis g
Alabama
Reviewed June 25, 2009

When we entered our room, we noticed an odd smell. Sprayed air freshener but it didn't seem to work. But after a while, you get use to the smell. It was surprisingly clean. Not the most comfortable beds in the world. But when you pay $100 for 2 nights, you can't complain about too much. Their continental breakfast consisted of cereal, milk,coffee, a bagel, and orange juice. Once again, for the price, you get what you pay for, and in this case, it was just the basics.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mj23bulls
va
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We arrived after lunch and check in was smooth. We went to our room which had a bad smell and discovered that the ac wasn't turned on and it was 95 degrees outside so our room felt like 95 degrees. We turned the air on and sprayed some air freshner and left for a few hours. When we returned later on the room was just as hot as when we arrived it didnt cool down until the next morning.It was a long hot night! The bathtub had no rubber mat and was slippery. The beds were clean and so were the towels. The tv only got 10 channels which werent very good. As long as it's not hot outside it will be o.k.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank pourboy
Washington, PA
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We stayed at the Knights Inn on our way back from Myrtle Beach. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The rooms, however, are very dated. The pool was clean. Our room was fully stocked with everything we needed. Not bad for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain

Been to Knights Inn Mt Airy-Mayberry? Share your experiences!