“Good food, dated decor/tables”

Coppola's Italian Resturant of Mount Airy
Ranked #33 of 101 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Salem, Virginia
“Good food, dated decor/tables”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Me and my boyfriend decided to try this place for something different than our usual restaurant when we go to Mount Airy.

As this was our first time eating here I'm not sure if it's usual to have to seat yourself, I imagine not when they are busy but they had a sign saying to do so. When looking for a table we noticed even ones that hadn't been used recently didn't look the cleanest and most tables had that 'dried water look' on their surfaces, not sure if that's just because of the material the table was made out of or what. Some booths also had rips in the seating. The floor was carpeted and had many stains on it throughout the place, could definitely use a good shampooing. There is a lot of wood paneling on the walls and other decor in the restaurant and that definitely had an aged look to it with scratches and such. The decor kind of made me a little iffy about the place but I decided we would go ahead and stick it out.

Well for my food choice I had a salad & calzone for my meal, the salad was average but nothing to complain about. Everything about the calzone was really good though, the fillings, and bread were fantastic. I wasn't too crazy about the sauce to dip with, I didn't think it was anything special but it may also be because I have had better sauce with calzones before and I was expecting better as far as that goes.

I would probably eat here again since the food was good but it probably won't be any time soon.

• Visited March 2014

Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Excellent food and very clean restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have tried numerous items on the menu and have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered. Try the garlic knots they are yummy!

Visited August 2013
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is one of my favorite places in town. It's always clean. Food is excellent with generous portions.. Service is great and waitresses always friendly. In a strip mall and can sometimes be busy. But well worth the wait. Soft Italian music plays in the background while you dine. I've tried many things on the menu and have been pleased with everything.

• Visited February 2013