“Great Fun”

167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We really enjoyed taking the squad car tour. It was fun just to ride in the car, but then we rode around the area of Mount Airy (Mayberry) and saw what and where things were. The guide who drove the car was very friendly and knowledgeable. He would stop as needed for us to take pictures and he answered all questions that we had.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Judy S

Hartwell, Georgia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Where's Gomer?”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ride in the Sheriff car and see the sights that inspired "Mayberry". Take pictures of Wally's tow truck and the Darling family cabin in the rear. Souvineers inside.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank baileespoppa
Taylors
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mayberry Squad Car Tour.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A great way to see Mayberry and hear all about Andy Taylor. Also eating at the Blue Bird Diner on Main street brought back memories of Barnie.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bhag_12
Southside, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Andy Griffith home town”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I visited Mt. Airy NC. (Mayberry USA) Home Town of Andy Griffith.Walked the streets of Mayberry As sees on TV. Court House,Jail, Wally's Service station, Andy's House where he lived as a small boy. Oh yes almost forgot The squad car. Had a great time. I give it a AAA. A must See.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank roycechambers
Warner Robins, Georgia
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not very friendly or accomadating”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We LOVED the town of Mount Airy in NC but this tour was a bit of a disappointment. To be honest we never even got IN the squad car because the lady behind the counter was less than friendly to say the least. She seemed to be put out that we were there, didn't seem interested in helping us at all. NOTE: they ONLY take cash or personal check? NO DEBIT/ CREDIT CARDS accepted. She told me in a rather rude tone that they "DO NOT take only take personal check or REAL money". Now to be fair it was REALLY hot that day in the middle of a July heat wave so maybe that attributed to it but when I asked if there was an ATM near by as I was walking out she said " If you'd shut that door I'll try and tell you but I'm not cooling the outside". That's not really what I would consider great customer service. We wanted really badly for this to be great but it just missed the mark for us. There is a reproduction of the court house from the Andy Grifffith show located next door which made for some nice photo ops don't miss that. I can't really recommend this tour personally, maybe if you catch the front desk lady in a better mood it would be ok.

Visited July 2013