“Surprising location for top notch restaurant”

Tlaquepaque Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Tucked in a strip center, near the Staples store...excellent Mexican cuisine. Mount Airy, NC would be an unlikely spot to find one of the best Mexican restaurants ever. Clean, bright decor; excellent staff; the shrimp quesadilla appetizer featured perfectly prepared, fresh shrimp. Very nice salsa, not too hot. Everything appears fresh and well prepared. Told the manager that we wished they would open in Florida! The desk clerk at the Holiday Inn Express sent us over...across the street.

1  Thank Lydia L

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Tucked away in the mall next to the Hampton hotel, this place is worth seeking out. The chips were warm, the salsa thick and zesty, the drinks good and inexpensive, and the food variety and quality was excellent. The only thing typical about this restaurant was the menu, everything else was exceptional.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We travel a lot and always like to to sample the local Mexican in every town we visit. Service was prompt. Chips were stale. Salsa like from a jar. Maybe not the worst Mexican food I have ever had. But, I don't remember any worse. I would not recommend.

1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Passing through the city and always like to eat in local restaurants. This place is located in a shopping mall and looks very small, but opens into a larger place. The place was busy on a Saturday night with locals. We had a good meal and it was not covered in cheese. Only complaint was that the server shorted my change by 80 cents, just giving me bills. I know it's only 80 cents, but it is the issue. Could have been a mistake. I know I sound like Larry David... Food was very good, but the Margaritas a bit too sweet.

1  Thank rt113
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family of 3 ate here and the food was very good! We will def be coming back! The customer service was good as well.

1  Thank saxle