“Decent Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Fishkill, New York
“Decent Food”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

After a long day on the road we were ready to eat dinner early. The Thai restaurant down the plaza from this place was closed until 430 so we decided to try out El Agavero.

The interior of the restaurant is just as unassuming as the outside. It is simply decorated with pictures of agave plants. There is nothing else of note decor wise.

The waiter who seated us and the waitress who took care of us were both very nice and prompt.

The menu had all of your standards and a decent variety for the five of us who were dining.

As with all Mexican restaurants I've been to, you receive chips and salsa on the table once you are seated. Both were good quality but not the best I have had.

The food was rather mild in flavor, which seemed to be the case for all of the meals we sampled. The place this was most obvious in was the chicken fajitas. They were good but could have used some more spice. Also, they came out on a warm plate but not on a cast iron plate that I am used to. Two others at the table had chicken quesadillas. Quesadillas can be mild but I found these to be unusually mild and needed to add salsa to them to kick it up a bit. The last dish was a beef dish I can not remember. My husband enjoyed it but again it was so mild in flavor I could give my 9 month old some without worry.

I think if you want a reasonably priced, safe Mexican experience then El Agavero is a great place to go. If I were in Mt. Airy again, I would like to sample other restaurants but would go back if our other choices were unavailable.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DAAJ

Dobson, North Carolina
“Best in Mount Airy”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the best Mexican restaurant in Mount Airy. Their taco salads are wonderful and they have really good chips and salsa. The wait staff are very friendly and prompt as well.

1 Thank LeeCoe72
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Family outing”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I LOVE this place and have for years. They have NEVER disappointed us im service, quality or price! We keep going back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Patty M
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Our favorite!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our favorite Mexican restaurant in Mount Airy! The only one we go to and when someone else chooses a different we are always disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank The_angry_beavers
Elkin, North Carolina
“Pleased”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We decided to give this place a try even though it doesn't look like much. I had the California burrito which was excellent and huge- took a lot home. My husband had the fajitas which were super fresh and well seasoned. Service was good too. We will go back.

• Visited December 2013