“Pies, Pies, and more Pies”

Miss Angels Heavenly Pies
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Mount Airy
Description: we are mount airy, north carolina's best kept secret in the south.....we do pie art, gourmet cakes for all occasions, cookies as big as your face, fruit danish and turnovers from our orchard, fresh breads and rolls daily, and the best pies in the state....we have been on tv july of 2013 for AMC Showville as a contestant, we were the ANA Agritourism guest speakers 2013, and were featured in Bake Magazine 2013. and just featured in the July 2016 issue of Our State Magazine
Cherokee, North Carolina
“Pies, Pies, and more Pies”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

and even a "moonshine apple pie"..!! Everything from mountain fresh apple pie, key lime pie, peach pie to pecan pie !! --this is NOT the place to think of calories !! turnovers--freshly made by the owners, yeast breads, raisen bread--still warm, carrot bars, small pies, whole pies.....you have to put this one on your list of "must dos" on Main Sreet. These are homemade by the owners who run the store..and they are more than pleased to help with anything. Great folks even tho they weren't born in the area.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank wolf19752
AngelaNolfo, Owner at Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
thank you for your kindness, we now have over 40 varieties of pie flavors.....for the holidays we ship on line......come back any time

Cary, North Carolina
“What's better than fresh, warm pie?”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After discovering this place on trip advisor, I added it to my things to do list when we visited the area last week. We stopped in on a Saturday afternoon and were shocked by the huge selection of goodies. I wanted a pie made with fresh fruit and our choice that day was peach - one of my favs. The counter person had to go get me one out of the back and, guess what? It was still hot!! It also weighed about 5 pounds. We took that to go and got a strawberry rhubarb turnover. The turnover was a disappointment. There was very little filling in it and way too much crust, which of course made it dry and not very tasty. The pie, which we had for dessert that night, was delicious. It was filled to the brim with locally grown peaches (I was told the owner has an orchard). The crust was not my favorite. I prefer a flakier crust - this one is heavier than I'm used to. But it was still worth indulging in!

I will return and be more selective next time, but I think fresh pie is the way to go.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank pjdisme
AngelaNolfo, Owner at Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Maryland
“Sweet”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Only drawback to this place is the fact that you can't try one of everything and still buckle your belt...........

Visited August 2013
so glad you enjoyed our store come back and enjoy anytime, and call in your favorite fruit to have your hot pie waiting
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Wow”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Made my first visit a few weeks ago...

I tried the Reese's Cup brownie and was blown away-- not only by how delicious it was, but also the price and quality. I wish I had purchased a few more of the brownie variations to bring home with me! My friend purchased an apple pie which was also delicious.

All in all, exceptional quality and fair prices. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited August 2013
AngelaNolfo, Manager at Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
thank you so much for your kind words come back anytime for another brownie, you purchased one of my favorites
Roanoke, Virginia
“First purchase”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in a couple times and the aroma was so good I knew I would eventually be back for a purchase. Bought an apple pie and it was delicious! It was chocked full of apples! It was well worth $15! I would recommend this place and will be back. The only minor complaint is the store is so small, wish there was a sitting area to enjoy the treats inside.

• Visited July 2013
AngelaNolfo, Owner at Miss Angels Heavenly Pies, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you if you come again 5.00 off your next pie