“Our after Camp Hanes tradition!”
Review of Scoops

Scoops
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Mount Airy
Description: Located in a bus next to sculpture park
Description: Located in a bus next to sculpture park
Sparta, North Carolina, United States
“Our after Camp Hanes tradition!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is our annual after-camp stop! Great ice cream selection, pleasant & quick service, but it is the bus storefront, roaming chickens, creative multi-tiered decks and fantastic welded sculptures that make it super memorable. My husband can't make the pick-up tonight from camp, so I am bringing a cooler with ice see we can bring our treats home. We'll just have to watch our chickens while nomming on the milkshakes.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Elizabeth B

“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Scoops is one of our favorite summer traditions! The Love Boat is awesome! The Sculpture walk is also neat! A Must stop in Mount Airy!

2 Thank Amber F
“It's a great little place for a treat”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Great ice cream and selection. They have a little bit of everything. Love the ambiance. Have a cute little garden. Bring cash. No cards.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wanda1808
Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
“Scoops is a great place to visit”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I did not say enough about Scoops in my review last August. Will be visitng t Airy NC again at the end of this month and this place is on my list of things to do!! It is not far from Brintles Tuck Plaza or Bryson Inn Best Western Hotel where we a\re booked to stay at this time! Also not far from the Galax entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway! So I plan on topping for a ice cream or milkshake on my way to travel on the parkway down into NC. So go ahead and check it out if you are traveling down Rt 89 right outside Mt Airy. Neat little place!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Virginia T
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blown away!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've passed Scoops several times during my travels in the mountains but it wasn't until last week that I decided to try the ice cream. I was blown away! And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I stumble upon the sculpture park. I ran gaily through the trails in the park and was enthralled by the original sculptures! Scoops is definitely more than just great ice cream. It’s an experience….and the black walnut ice cream had me singing and dancing.

• Visited May 2014