“Very Informative.”

Mount Airy Museum of Regional History
Ranked #9 of 36 things to do in Mount Airy
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I enjoyed this museum more than I thought I would. Tells the history of Surrey County. Enjoyed the Quilt display, & the granite mining information. In the basement old original fire trucks. Even children would enjoy. And it was only $3.00 entry fee.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This museum is so very nice. It covers history back to the local Indians. The firetrucks in the basement are worth seeing. The exhibits are well organized. The entire museum is very clean and cheerful. It was a highlight of our visit to Mt. Airy.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Mt. Airy Museum is worth a couple of hours of your time to visit. It is a beautiful and interesting museum that tells the history of Mt. Airy and the surrounding area.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The museum is in the heart of downtown; the building with the bell tower.

I always take our guests here. It is our only real museum (I live in Elkin). But, for a small town, the museum is done very professional and is pretty extensive.

Because of the museum, I learned a bit of new things about the area that I love and live. After the museum visit, I go to the granite quarry and the old resort/hotel that burned down. The resort is featured in the museum, and has a sulfur spring with lots of minerals in the water. Once some folks had come from Winston to fill up gallons and gallons of gugs with the water.

Don't forget to checkout the fire engines in the basement.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice to learn about history of early life of Mt. Airy.
It has everything from the Native Indians of surrounding area, Donna Fargo, Andy Griffith, famous race car drivers of the past,
quilts, old fire trucks, etc. and is only $5 a person