“Nice place, decently priced, would recommend!”

Comfort Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was looking for a good deal but yet get a nice place to stay as well. Had not been to Mt. Airy before so was not familiar with the area. I was pleasantly pleased to find the king room with sofa, refrigerator, and microwave with new fixtures around. The breakfast was nice with choice of 3 cereals, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, belgian waffle maker with choice of plain or flavored (blueberry) waffle mix, 3 fresh fruits, and then the usual breads and pastries, 2 juices and milk along with coffee. The staff was helpful too. When I called to make the reservations, I asked what rate I was getting as I had researched on the internet and knew they honored AAA or offered a senior rate. He said it was the "best available", so I told him I wanted AAA (only about $5 difference, but hey) so he told me to show the card when I arrived. I did and the desk clerk honored what he had said (I had his name so that helped). Pool looked very nice and clean although I did not use it.

1  Thank Kathy W

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great hotel! All staff members were exceptionally friendly, and our room very nice, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was good, as well. The bedding was fantastically comfortable!! We will be staying here when in the area again. Highly recommend this hotel!!

2  Thank SkipsMom2009
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very nice hotel! Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room met our expectations. The hotel is located a few minutes from the Mount Airy attractions and is right off the Andy Griffith Parkway. The hotel area was nice and clean and the breakfast was good as well. When back in the area, we plan to stay here again.

2  Thank 86MissyJ
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very clean and handsome hotel with incredibly comfortable bedding by "Restful Nights".Staff are friendly and it is in a quiet area just a few minutes from downtown "Mayberry" and "Mount Pilot". Highly Recommend this Hotel!

Room Tip: The Mexican Restaurant across the street has some of the best food ever, on par with Anita's in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CCD2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice hotel! Clean, comfortable, good breakfast, and very Friendly staff.I saw one of the employees out picking up blowing items, nice touch. Breakfast was great filled with variety. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting Mount Airy and loved the hotel. It is easy to get to, right off of Andy Griffith Parkway. Although only 1 restaurant in area, we liked it because our number one priority is a quiet hotel with easy access. I asked for a first floor room near front door because of mobility issues, and was given one without problems.Room was very clean and the hotel has a good hot breakfast. would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it to others. Excellent staff and no problems during our stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maegeegee
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I first stayed in the hotel several years ago when it was a poorly maintained Microtel. When I was planning my trip with a stopover at Mount Airy, I noticed that this hotel is now a Comfort Inn and being that I am a Choice Hotels member, I decided to give it a try.
I was VERY IMPRESSED with everything about this hotel. The grounds are immaculate and very well landscaped. The outside of the building is freshly painted. I was checked in by Sheila at the front desk and she was very friendly and welcoming. Check in took less than 2 minutes.
I stayed in room 215 and the room is very nice. I especially appreciated the numerous electrical outlets for cell phone, laptop and tablets. Internet connect was very fast! Room was impeccably clean! Even though it seemed as if the hotel was full of guests, it was still a very quiet stay and I never heard the various noise that you often hear when staying in hotels.
Breakfast was very nice with your typical hotel fair of cereal, make your own waffle, coffee, juice, yogurts, etc. Other than the breakfast service, there is not a restaurant/lounge at this hotel, but there are plenty of choices to eat out within a few minutes walk or drive....from fast food to upscale steakhouses.
I would most definitely be staying at this comfort Inn again and I encourage other to try it too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Comfort Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!