“Very good restaurant with great food and service”
Review of 13 Bones

13 Bones
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently ate at 13 Bones in Mr. Airy, NC. This restaurant was recommended by the front desk clerk at my hotel and it was a great choice. I was there on a Thursday night and they were very busy. I asked if I could get a booth and and a very nice young high school student named Elliott Draughn said he would clean one for me immediately. I was impressed by that since I was alone and many times a restaurant staff does not want to put a single person into a booth.

I ordered a half rack of ribs, baked sweet potato and a house salad. All of these items were very good. The ribs were so tender that the meat just fell off the bones. My server's name was Jaclyn and she was excellent - very personable and checked back often with me.

I was seated right beside the host stand and at the end of my meal Elliott, who was working as the host, came over and asked how my meal was? I told him that I had been out on the road all week and this was definitley the best meal that I had eaten this week. He then, asked if I ever traveled to the Greensboro, NC area? I replied yes and he said: "we have opened a 13 Bone Restaurant there so you may want to check it out." He then told me where it is located. I thought the 13 Bones management should know what a fine job Elliott did that night. I noted that he was eagar to fill in whereever he saw something that needed to be done. I was very impressed with his work ethic and inititive.

I shall definitely return to this restaurant whenever I am in the area. I also plan to check out the Greensboro, NC location.

1  Thank dbpNorthCarolina

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Sat night and it was very busy.Our waitress was very friendly and we never had to wait for a refill on our drinks..Food was great that night..Great place to eat!

2  Thank saxle
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had the Fried Pickles and they were great and they gave us bunch. We dined for lunch with a group of 8 and it was great and the service was incredible! Food came out fast and server was attentive! Had the blackened chicken salad and really enjoyed it! Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. Others had vegetable plate, burger and other salads and everyone really liked the food! We will definately be back and this was a business lunch and we were able to eat and get in within in an hours time.

1  Thank MayberryTourism
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The restaurant is clean, the staff is friendly and the food was great. Recommended by the hotel we stayed in and they were right on the money with the recommendation. Service was quick and very attentive. Food was all good. Meat fell off of the ribs and the crab cakes were excellent. Get the hush puppies! They are huge and very good. Will definitely come back again.

2  Thank Kay H
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is always full. Most of the local people eat here. They have salads, sandwiches, and plate lunches. Mon-Friday they offer specials.

1  Thank Bryanna I