“We had a decent meal but I would want to try a different restaurant on our next visit.”
Review of 13 Bones

13 Bones
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The advertised " ribs that fall off the bone" had my mouth watering. When we walked in, I was dismayed at the brightly lighted open room and the cafeteria style tables without tablecloths. There wasn't even a papercovering.
The menu had some variety & we ordered a good white wine to go with his chicken and my half slab of ribs ($14). The coleslaw was great, the chicken was enjoyed, & the ribs were tangy. The ribs lacked the richness of sauce that I like. I asked for sauce on the side & promptly got a thin, somewhat oily mixture that was too spicy for my taste. The service was fine and friendly. Oh, the meat did fall off the bone.

3 Thank Polllanne

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great ribs!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The ribs here were delicious and the service was good and friendly. They did not get an excellent rating because they are a little low on atmosphere, but it is Mt Airy and not NYC.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JrnyJunkie
shelby,nc
“Wonderful ribs”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place has great food and wonderful ribs. They just fall off the bone. It stays busy so a reservation may be the best bet.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank philip15Shelby_nc
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We don't head to Mount Airy very often, but 13 Bones is definitely our favorite place to eat when we're there. The food is always good, the servers are knowledgeable & friendly, & it's very reasonably priced. Try the BBQ Cheesy Chicken...it's awesome! So are the homemade chips.

• Visited June 2012
Tega Cay, South Carolina
“Not Bad, But Nothing to Write Home About...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was decent and the prices okay. Our servers had a little problem with getting the orders right, but all in all were very friendly and there when we needed them. The restaurant was clean and close to the hotels if you are in town for business, as I was. I would go again and try something else on the menu, but can't give them high marks this time around.

• Visited October 2012