“Food is Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 13 Bones

13 Bones
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hillsville, Virginia
“Food is Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Long wait in Line if you decide to eat at this restaurant on Friday or Saturday Nights. Food is Good but not worth waiting and hour or more just to get through the door to be seated. Get there Early!

1 Thank snowinyou

North Vernon, Indiana
“Great Steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The food was hot, cooked to order and reasonably priced! My steak was very good. The staff was friendly and the dining area was very clean!

Cary, North Carolina
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My sister and I each had the 12oz ribeye and sides for her birthday dinner. The waitress was friendly, informed and patient as we made our choices and attentive throughout our meal. The ribeyes were just succulent. We both ordered medium-rare and the steaks were grilled beautifully on the outside with pinkness from edge to edge on the inside. Perfection! The seasoning was tasty but not overwhelming and the meat flavor was just singing. I had a glass of Calia Alta Malbec which I thought was a good choice with the steak. My sister received a complimentary wedge of Hershey Bar Cake with ice cream as a birthday treat. The cake was served warm and was chocolatey bliss.

Mt. Airy
“Great Food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had heard good things about this restaurant, especially the ribs! So I decided to try it....We were seated right away and the waitress we had was very nice and helpful. We didn't wait long for our food to come out and it was delicious! The atmosphere was also great, But before we left, while waiting to pay, Who I learned to be one of the owners, was standing at the register and when I tried speaking to her I got nothing in return. Which was very rude! It's a shame that the food was so good when you get service like that. And I'm not sure if I'll go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Santa Cruz, California
“Good Dinner Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Another new town so we turned to our trusted Trip Advisor for suggestions for a place for supper. Unfortunately, our first choice was closed....Sunday night.. We chose 13 Bones because we like ribs & the reviews were pretty good.

We received quick friendly service. Our choices of entrees (1/2 rack ribs and 8 oz sirloin steak) came with two sides each (plus hush puppies or fries ). We ordered a bottle of Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel ($ 21) to enjoy with dinner.

Had half bottle wine left at end of meal. Our waitress said " won't bother me if you sit here" to finish wine or said she'd bring a bag for us to take. We also noticed the local cops were eating there.... Good sign.

Lots of locals eat here. Sunday night and all the tables seated around we visiting like long lost friends. Nice!

We had a good experience here & would certainly return. Picked up one of their cute TShirts too, the one that says "Great Food, Great Service, Great Times, Bad Parking" ;-)

• Visited August 2012